Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Tumor Help! My poor guinea pig.

Amanda BC

Cavy Slave
My guinea pig (Snickers) is about 5 years old. She has a very large and swollen nipple. I have tried draining it by squeezing to get a brown/bloody mixture out. She doesn't seem to mind it too much, but it really looks awful. She still eats, drinks, and plays just fine. I know there must be something wrong, but everywhere I called needs money up front to even see her. Please someone help me! Due to some work issues I don't have the money to take her to the vet.

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
You will need to either find some money somehow--perhaps someone can loan you some? Or else see if there are any rescues in the area that you can surrender her to.

Mammary tumors need to be removed most of the time. Don't try to squeeze it anymore. You don't want it to rupture inside the body.

Agrimony

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I'd take her to the vet too I think that's really the best option. Try for care credit, it's no interest for 6months and I don't have great credit and was accepted. I'd see about that.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.