Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Ovarian Cysts Diagnosed with Ovarian Cyst

TobbyChan

Cavy Slave
Received a bad news today. Toffy- my almost 3 years old abby, have been diagnosed with ovarian cyst :( . She loss her fur on both sides and her nipple developed a crust. This is my first guinea pig with cyst. My vet already schedule her spayed session this Monday. Before that, what can I do to make her comfortable? Is she in pain right now? I already read through guinealynx post surgery but nothing much on preparation before the surgery. Now she is on medicine until this coming Monday.

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
What medicine is she on right now?

There's really nothing to do until she has the surgery.

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
Just make sure he is comfy and chill. :) I'm sorry to hear about this.

TobbyChan

Cavy Slave
Sorry for not updating the thread. The surgery was successful and she is now in recovery period. My vet do an incision on lower body and remove the uterus and ovaries. Right now I am keeping the surgery area clean and dry for speedy recovery. My vet provide 2 days pain medicine and antibiotics (Baytril) for 5 days.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.