Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What Do Your Piggier Like The Most?

lifesvr7

Cavy Slave
Trying to get CoCo to like sleeping in comfort. He didn't really have anything to sleep on at his previous home other than the litter in his cage. Im giving him a variety of options to try but most of the time he just chooses his pigloo. Wha t kind of beds do your piggies like the most? Post pics of their favorites and where you got them if possible :)

guineapigluv777

Cavy Slave
I just folded a fleece blanket so it would fit under their houses. I use fleece bedding, but this is much softer than just fleece. I've also seen people use those wooden doll beds from ikea, but that is a bad idea if your pig likes to chew. The glue they use on those is not good for them.

Attachments

image.jpg

NarwhalsRock

Cavy Slave
Mine just like the fleece! I think that they're happy to sleep on that, since for most of their life was spent on shavings. :( But they love cuddle sacks and cuddle cups also! There are some great patterns for them, or you can get one cheaply off of Etsy!

guineapigluv777

Cavy Slave
Mine just like the fleece! I think that they're happy to sleep on that, since for most of their life was spent on shavings. :( But they love cuddle sacks and cuddle cups also! There are some great patterns for them, or you can get one cheaply off of Etsy!
Cheaply? I wouldn't buy a cuddle sack for $15.00. I made a cuddle sack for my pigs, but I didn't sew it tightly enough and now it's falling apart. But, they still like them! :)

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
Inbox me, I've set up an etsy. We can talk price :D

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
My pigs really like there dome hidies.

I don't know how to describe it.

They have serious withdrawl from the yellow dome thing when it's laundry time.

Attachments

298496_4390118907825_1046780155_n.jpg

Agrimony

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
My boys have tubes to hide in, sometimes they sleep in them sometimes just on their bedding or in their hay

Nix16

Cavy Slave
4 of mine sleep in various hidies on fleece and are quite happy, since I've added a kitchen area, fluffy, who always has to be different has taken to sleeping under the hay rack, silly pig

drokka

Cavy Slave
Arthur usually sleeps in this haydome thing. Darwin will sleep just about anywhere that has a semblance of cover (i.e. under ramp) since I've switched to fleece. I hung a hand towel from an upper grid and it serves as a kind of tunnel on the ground level next to the ramp. Sometimes one sleeps under the ramp while the other in the tunnel thing. So there's literally only the towel 'curtain' between them. I reckon it's for shared body heat without having to admit they're cuddling :D

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Mine seem to like dark and warm places. IE THEIR FLEECE BEDDING >:p
But big enough scraps satisfy them enough.

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
I caught felix under the fleece FIVE times yesterday. I was out of binder clips and he was still finding a way under. And it goes up the sides even.

Kfowler5

Cavy Slave
I got a fleece alligator from Marshall ferret supply, for one of our very shy pigs Clyde, and he loved it so much. He was able to be out for floor/ lap time and be completely comfortable and covered, and not skittish the way he normally was. It was only about $10 when I got it, which I normally wouldn't spend I'd rather make my own, but it was too cute to pass up!! They had others too, like a fish or octopus. Adorable and machine washable and big enough for them to stretch their feet out. Other than that we have the normal cuddle cups and sacs which are always a favorite!

NarwhalsRock

Cavy Slave
Cheaply? I wouldn't buy a cuddle sack for $15.00. I made a cuddle sack for my pigs, but I didn't sew it tightly enough and now it's falling apart. But, they still like them! :)

I saw one vendor on there a few weeks ago that was selling them for around $7. She probably went to eBay or something... eBay is great for finding fleece and stuff like that! :) I hope that the person I saw with the cheap cuddle cups gets some more inventory soon...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.