Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Washing huts and cuddle things?

Kelly9

Cavy Slave
I want a cuddle cup or cozy fabric hut for Cupcake and Flickers but wonder about all the urine getting on them. Cupcake is good and usually only pees in her corner potty, but Flickers just lets it all hang out, lol. Seems like the huts wouldn't last too long washing them so often.

How do you keep your cuddle things clean?

Carissa6729

Cavy Slave
I know a lot of them are offered with an inner pad that you can buy extras of for pretty cheap to switch out daily or every few days if they get a bit gross. I'm going to be getting my boys some too and from all the reviews I've read the pigs LOVE them and it's definitely worth it. :)

mimijimi

Cavy Slave
I always remove/dust off the poops in the cuddle cups. Then hand wash them with water and detergent. While I let dry, I provide my pigs their other favorite tunnels. Tunnel beds (with fleece inside) are actually easy to wash and maintain, as they don't easily wear out.

PeeweesPiggyPalace

Removed
Cavy Gazer
I wash and dry mine in machines.. I empty poos a couple times a day when I sweep. I pull apart the inner so they get good and clean :)

Kelly9

Cavy Slave
Ok, you have all convinced me - cuddle cups and tunnels etc will be bought! I am excited, heehee. Thank you all for your advice!

Carissa6729

Cavy Slave
Ok, you have all convinced me - cuddle cups and tunnels etc will be bought! I am excited, heehee. Thank you all for your advice!

I'm sure you will have some very happy pigs! Post some pics when you get them please, I love seeing all the handmade stuff for our pigs :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.