PDA

View Full Version : Washing huts and cuddle things?

Kelly9
10-07-12, 06:30 pm
I want a cuddle cup or cozy fabric hut for Cupcake and Flickers but wonder about all the urine getting on them. Cupcake is good and usually only pees in her corner potty, but Flickers just lets it all hang out, lol. Seems like the huts wouldn't last too long washing them so often.

How do you keep your cuddle things clean?

Kelsie
10-07-12, 08:46 pm
I have quite a few of the cavy beds and cuddle cups and I just wash mine in regular unscented detergent in my washer. I change mine out regularly, but still even with washing them frequently mine have lasted over three years. I have four piggies and only one of them actually urinates in the beds. I have to launder the beds every two to three days. Even with that, my beds have withstood all the washings and still look like new. Don't hesitate to get one. They are easy to maintain and your piggies will love them.

Carissa6729
10-07-12, 10:15 pm
I know a lot of them are offered with an inner pad that you can buy extras of for pretty cheap to switch out daily or every few days if they get a bit gross. I'm going to be getting my boys some too and from all the reviews I've read the pigs LOVE them and it's definitely worth it. :)

mimijimi
10-07-12, 10:21 pm
I always remove/dust off the poops in the cuddle cups. Then hand wash them with water and detergent. While I let dry, I provide my pigs their other favorite tunnels. Tunnel beds (with fleece inside) are actually easy to wash and maintain, as they don't easily wear out.

PeeweesPiggyPalace
10-08-12, 12:36 am
I wash and dry mine in machines.. I empty poos a couple times a day when I sweep. I pull apart the inner so they get good and clean :)

Kelly9
10-10-12, 12:38 pm
Ok, you have all convinced me - cuddle cups and tunnels etc will be bought! I am excited, heehee. Thank you all for your advice!

Carissa6729
10-10-12, 01:09 pm
Ok, you have all convinced me - cuddle cups and tunnels etc will be bought! I am excited, heehee. Thank you all for your advice!

I'm sure you will have some very happy pigs! Post some pics when you get them please, I love seeing all the handmade stuff for our pigs :)