Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cleaning Question for those with 2+ levels

Trish

Cavy Slave
Hi all :)

I have been thinking of building a second level for George. I've looked at a lot of pics on here. My question is: how do you clean the bottom level? I use fleece liners that I sew to go up and over the coroblast and then binder clip them.

I currently have a 2X4 c&c cage.

Thanks! :)

Trish

Sammi15

Cavy Slave
I created doors that we can open so that we can get in to clean. to keep them closed i use binder clips.

Trish

Cavy Slave
I created doors that we can open so that we can get in to clean. to keep them closed i use binder clips.

Are they like swinging doors that swing out from the sides toward you?

Kota12

Cavy Slave
With my second level, I just made raise the ramp every time I go to clean under it. I use a paper towel roll to hold it up.

Trish

Cavy Slave

With my second level, I just made raise the ramp every time I go to clean under it. I use a paper towel roll to hold it up.

Are your second levels lofts or are they full levels?

Kota12

Cavy Slave
I was a bit confused what you were asking. My cage is a second level loft.

Trish

Cavy Slave
I was a bit confused what you were asking. My cage is a second level loft.

Sorry, that might be my fault for being vague. ;) I haven't decided yet if I want to do a loft or a full second level. Either way, it has to be closed because of the kitty.

Right now I'm just trying to get some idea of how difficult it is to clean, happiness of the piggies with a second level, etc.

Thanks so much for your reply! :)

Trish

Kota12

Cavy Slave
Oh okay! Your welcome! Personally, I think a full second level would be easier to clean. Getting under the ramp is a bit of a hassle. :)

Quinten29

Cavy Slave
I've got 3 levels and a hand held wet and dry vacuum which is amazing, certainly makes cleaning so much quicker and easier the pigs don't mind the vacuum cleaner either, have them chasing it all over the cage so they can have a nibble, lol. and i find with the extra level's the guys love it, as it means they have ton's more space and room and have there own little corners and nooks and crannies that they can sit in and sleep in, which means when they are running around it's almost a 24/7 popcorning fest, especially after veggie hour.

Trish

Cavy Slave
I've got 3 levels and a hand held wet and dry vacuum which is amazing, certainly makes cleaning so much quicker and easier the pigs don't mind the vacuum cleaner either, have them chasing it all over the cage so they can have a nibble, lol. and i find with the extra level's the guys love it, as it means they have ton's more space and room and have there own little corners and nooks and crannies that they can sit in and sleep in, which means when they are running around it's almost a 24/7 popcorning fest, especially after veggie hour.

Thank you so much for your reply :)
Next question: in some of the pics that I've seen of 2+ levels, the bottom level looks a little dark. Do the piggies mind that?

Trish

mmas4

Cavy Slave
I used to have a stacked 2x5 and the bottom level was a little darker and they seemed to like that level more. As long as they have acess to the brighter top floor I don't see a problem.

Trish

Cavy Slave
I used to have a stacked 2x5 and the bottom level was a little darker and they seemed to like that level more. As long as they have acess to the brighter top floor I don't see a problem.

Thank you!! :) I was worried that he would be a little freaked with a level above him. lol

Quinten29

Cavy Slave
Thank you so much for your reply :)
Next question: in some of the pics that I've seen of 2+ levels, the bottom level looks a little dark. Do the piggies mind that?

Trish

not at all, they love it, i find they like the bottom floor ontop of there house, and the second floor ontop of the house again, the shadiest darkest area's think they preferr it when sleeping and resting, the rest of the time, it's a free for all.

Quinten29

Cavy Slave
And just to show you

Hope this helps

Sammi15

Cavy Slave
yes they are.. i will try to take and post photos tonight after i have kids in bed

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.