Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New piggie mom!

ladydreamer04

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone! I'm new to the site and fairly new to being a cavy slave. I adopted my 2 girls in March from a family member who could no longer care for them, as they were expecting a new baby. My 3rd and newest cavy I rescued in June. She was part of an "accidental" litter and was going to be food for a ball python. Yeah, NOT ON MY WATCH! She is a happy and healthy girl, loving her new sisters. I've seen a few pictures of some piggies fresh out of the bath or in water. My question is do they need to be bathed? And if so how often but more importantly how to I bathe them? Any advice is greatly appreciated :)

Welcome to the forum. Thank you for saving that little piggy. They only need to be bathed if they get stiny which can happen after some time.
Hope you enjoy this site, it has great info on pretty much everything you need to know, for things that you are curious or worried about.
(broken link removed) You can buy shampoo made for guines pigs here. Its not expensive at all. I would say not to bathe them more the once every 1 to 2 months. Some people bathe their piggies every other week or so.

Good Luck with your piggies lol.

Welcome to the forum and the fun of being a cavy slave!

They shouldn't need to be bathed too often, if at all, and bathing them too much can dry their skin. When they are bathed, the water should be kept out of their ears and face and a small pet shampoo should be used.

Thank you so much for the help and advice :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.