Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece How to stop fleece from moving?!

atappan

Cavy Slave
When my pigs run around their cage the fleece keeps moving. as a result there is always pee/poo in the corners and it's such a pain to clean it. is there anyway I can prevent the fleece from moving when they run?

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
Do you have anything under the fleece -- bath towels, UHaul furniture pad, or mattress pad? I would think having that under the fleece would help with traction.

You could try folding down the edges of the fleece under the absorbent layer (bath towels, UHaul furniture pad, or mattress pad). Some people also use bricks in the corners of their cages.

Hope this helps!

beckielynn

Cavy Slave
I use bricks, and if my fleece is a bit big, I use the binder clip thingys and there is no movement.

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
It sounds like you're using just fleece and not an absorbent layer below the fleece.

I recommend purchasing a uhual pad and put it under the fleece. My girls run like crazy every night and the fleece never moves around.

cjscavycaves

Cavy Slave
We have some fleece diggers, so to prevent the digging and messes, we sewed velcro to the fleece, the soft fuzzy part of it, and then stuck the harder velcro to the coro on the ends of the cages. It has worked and prevented our little diggers from digging. I'm sure this would keep it in place for the runners too!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.