Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Alabama Guinea lover(s)

GummiB3ar

Cavy Slave
Hello, I'm Stephen from Alabama.

I live in the Auburn area. I am a new guinea owner. I was planning on getting a hedgehog at first when my fiancee and me ran across a pet rescue add on Craigslist. After a little reading we seen we had everything we need to go ahead and adopt her, and named her Lady Guinivere, based on Lady Guinevere from The legend of King Arther.

So we set up the cage picked up some coroplast (which no one seems to ever heard of it, but thinks to someone online mentioning they found some at HomeDepo in the door section we got some) fixed her a 2x3 cage and everything else she needed. Well needless to say she has taken over our lives. I am going to build her a bigger cage that is 3x4 and 4 stories high so I can get her a little friend. Just have to get the bigger cage set up and find a friend.

escapay

Cavy Slave
Welcome! (I'm new here too)

Isn't it funny how you go to the home improvement stores (such as Home Depot) and they haven't a clue what you are talking about? I had to try and describe what exactly it looked like to be pointed in the right direction.

CaliMoo

Cavy Slave
welcome! :) i have the same issue with coroplast but now that you mentioned the area in which its at im going to head straight on over there because the employees had no idea what i was talking about haha :)

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Welcome to the world of piggies and the forum! So glad you have joined us. Check out all the great reading for the health and happiness for your new Lady G. We would love to see pictures also.

GummiB3ar

Cavy Slave
@(broken link removed) Lol Your welcome and its there it might take a litte looking, it was close to the plexiglass (or Acrylic glass as it seems to be called now) in my store.

@(broken link removed) Thanks, Since finding this website I dont think I could live with out it now. I check it more then I do my email I think lol. Great site and my number one recommended site for any cavy or future cavy lover.

LoriBush

Cavy Slave
Hey from Alabama! :D I'm about an hour north of B'ham! Welcome to the board! I went today to Home Depot and ask for it. I had to explain it as corogated plastic for politicial signs... lol. Then he pointed me in the right direction!

We have 3 piggies and we love them! Got the 1st one on July 5th, 2nd on the 6th and 2 weeks later got the 3rd. All girls.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.