Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Alternatives The evaluations are in!

Squint96

Cavy Slave
Okay, to start off this is about the plywood cage I made back a few months ago- I would have posted on that thread but it is over 125 days so I can't. Not a problem- ill just post here :)

A few members wanted to know how things were going in the new cage do here it is: I don't really like it. In my personal experience the kitchen wood and paint isn't holding up an it is getting a little gross. The bottom story I didn't make it tall enough so it is darkish and difficult to clean as well as catch Ocho aka Benjamin. An I fear the tube are getting a little tight or my porker Squint ( he is now bigger than Ocho/Benjamin something I never imagined) and lastly it can not be expanded so it won't fit more piggies :( Also, both pigs like to chew on the PVC tubes a little.

I am already back to C & C and am trying to go back completely but this cage was expensive and took forever to build so I feel a little guilty getting rid of it.
Anyways, that's how I feel about my personal experience with it- mo offense to the people that like theirs or have them and they suit their situations :)

I just looked at your old thread and your cage turned out amazing, it's a shame it didn't work out the way you wanted. Instead of plugging full into a whole wooden cage for my girls I just made a stand, but like you cage it makes it difficult if I wanted to expand, luckily we could unscrew it and add more wood to an end. Are you selling the wooden cage? I am sure someone would buy it!

I'm building a wooden cage right now (and if will stop raining I will finish it soon!). I'm using linolium as the lining to protect the wood from urine. What was the spacing between the second and bottom levels? I'm still trying to figure out how tall I want this thing...

@Inle_Rabbit I think it is only 15-20 inches and I would suggest atleast 24 and maybe have the bottom stick out further than the top level :)

Maybe you can sell it to someone with hamsters. I dont know I thought your cage was awesome and if it is large enough for piggies its large enough for hamsters. Then you can get some of the money from it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.