Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

$1 hay rack

cutemomome

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
As you all know, I love to go shop at the dollar store, for those of you who wrote to me.... thanks for the concern, I am currently seeking professional help.
But, look what I brought home today. The hay tower stands and holds hay very well, and the girls can sit in their hay box and dig for the hay.
The tower is actually meant to be a dishstand, it has 4 openings, one section of it that is completely open, big enough for their bodies to fit through.
Okok, I promise, I wont go to the dollar store again.... well, until next saturday!

stipma

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Hmmm...there's a new Dollarama that opened down the street from me. I'll have to see what I can find. I need to find a new hay rack anyway. Thanks for the idea.

charliesmommy

Cavy Slave
How great is that?! Which dollar store did you find it at? I, too, am addicted to these places!

cutemomome

Cavy Slave
I found it in dollartree!
I've also got the clothespins to hang their treats and tabletop for climbing at the dollar store!

iagosmom

Cavy Slave
cutemomome said:
As you all know, I love to go shop at the dollar store, for those of you who wrote to me.... thanks for the concern, I am currently seeking professional help.
But, look what I brought home today. The hay tower stands and holds hay very well, and the girls can sit in their hay box and dig for the hay.
The tower is actually meant to be a dishstand, it has 4 openings, one section of it that is completely open, big enough for their bodies to fit through.
Okok, I promise, I wont go to the dollar store again.... well, until next saturday!

iagosmom

Cavy Slave
I LOOOOOOVE THE DOLLAR STORE!!! I LIVE THERE!!!! Yes I need help too.

A4PigHome

Cavy Slave
Awesome idea, cutemomome! My Frankie would love one of those for his hay rack. Guess I'll be checking out my nearest dollar store soon! :)

cutemomome

Cavy Slave
iago's mom,
Maybe we'll be able to get a discount for getting therapy for our $1 tree addiction TOGETHER.
Then we'll take A4PigHome into our group, and get a group discount!
I see you liked the furniture ideas in my cage, I found the little table at the $1 tree too. The couches I got at Ross for $14, but Voodoojoint has posted that she found cheaper ones at Walmart! Go check it out!

cavy_addict_mal

Cavy Slave
haha Hey if you can get something useful at the dollar store who's going to argue? Looks fun to me!

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
Why didn't I think of going to Dollar Tree for piggy stuff?! We're going to need a cross-country support group for piggy shopping at dollar stores.

A4PigHome

Cavy Slave
I FINALLY got the chance to visit our local dollar store yesterday. We were at Best Buy purchasing a new computer, when I managed to sneak away and across the parking lot to the dollar store. It was funny because my hubby was so-o-o-o excited about the computer at the moment. Usually I would be too, however after I had spotted the dollar store from inside Best Buy I was much more excited about looking for new things for my piggies. :)

Anyway, the dollar store did not have the hay rack cutemomome found. :( There's another one about 25 minutes away in another town. I'll have to try to get to that one soon. I did buy a dog dish for my one boar, Frankie. I put hay in it and I think he slept in it all night! :)

TheQueen

Cavy Slave
I love to go to the Dollar Store too! I walk down there (2 streets from my house) nearly everyday! Always something good for the pigs!

And guess what I found at Target yesterday? A good sized bath caddy for 99 cents! Perfect for a hopper.

SweetPea

Cavy Slave
I'm also from duluth and i wasn't sure but did you check at the other dollar store near kmart? I am also addicted to dollar stores and have to force my fiance to go into them:crazy:. If you want to even go below $1 i also tried using toilet paper rolls, stuffing them with hay...works great. You can add a bell or anything to make it into a toy even also for the guinea pig.

A4PigHome

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the site, SweetPea! So nice to have a fellow Duluthian on board!

Which Kmart? The one near Michael's or the West Duluth one? I'm currently out of toilet paper rolls. I go through 3 every time I change their cage. It's their favorite toy!

So where did you get your pigger? I made the mistake of buying mine from Petco. Not only did I not know about how many cavies need adopting, but I also didn't know how poorly Petco takes care of their cavies. At least one had mites, and it spread to the rest. We spent a lot of money to get rid of those darn mites, not too mention the extra time from having to clean the cages more frequently while they were medicated.

I bought a cage from Petco, but now have C&C cages. Have you been able to bring yours outside yet? I was so bummed in June because the whole month was rainy. When it didn't rain, the ground was so wet that I still couldn't bring them outside. Yesterday was so hot that my guys only had some morning time. They weren't too happy about that.
Oops, I stole a threadcapn . At least I get to use this cool smiley! These could get addicting!lol

SweetPea

Cavy Slave
Its the kmart near michaels...there is a mini shopping off to the left of kmart. I think it may be dollar days.

We also made the mistake of buying from petco! I wish we knew more about the whole adoption and more private stores before we bought our sweetpea. At least she isn't sick or anything like that but she is very jumpy. We are not sure how to get her out of that though. She loves to eat out of hands, but does not like to be picked up. :sad:

We got a cage from petco as well and that is what we are using for time being, we have had sweetpea for about a month and a half now.

As for outside time i have limited space to do so, since we live in an apartment building. I was thinking about getting an expandable cage and taking her to the park near by or something like that. :cheerful:

A4PigHome

Cavy Slave
I keep forgetting about that dollar store. I'll have to check that one this evening while I am out running around.

I'll PM you with the rest of my note.

A4PigHome

Cavy Slave
Awk! That dollar store didn't have the "hay rack" either! I give up. None of the dollar stores around here have it.:(

However I did find a small wire basket that can be used for holding hay. If it works out, I'll post a picture of it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.