Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Lilly escaped help!

xXMaggieXx

Cavy Slave
So my pigs were out for floor time and one of them escaped under my bed. Well my bed is full of junk and cords. We finally got her out, but im worried if she ate something she wasnt supposed to, she found a treat that is like 4 months old and was eating it! What can I do, I dont know what she ate!

PeeweesPiggyPalace

Removed
Cavy Gazer
I personally would watch her very closely.. Or take her to the vet. Also looks like you have a project today :) clean under your bed :)

xXMaggieXx

Cavy Slave
I am. Her punishment was tons of cuddles. She hates being held lol. She gave me a kiss when I put her down. Im hoping she was saying sorry. I am watching her close as the vet is closed. If there is something wrong I will have my parents rush her there its about an hour away. we cleaned out the whole bed just trying to get her out. I think I need to guinea pig proof my room!

MissJean

Cavy Slave
You can use extra grids or buy some more for a cheap playpen. I just ziptied in two places between each grid and it folds up quite nicely for storage.

xXMaggieXx

Cavy Slave
They were in a wading pool with grids ziptied all around it. We had used those tiny zipties on one of the grid because we ran out of good ones. The ziptie broke, grid fell down, I think thats how she got out. I re zipped tied everything with the strong ones. Im lucky my brother heard her as I was out shopping at target with my parents. He called saying he heard Lilly chattering and saw her going under my bed. We had to take the whole bed apart to get her out

LittlePiggie

Cavy Slave
In all honesty, she is probably fine. Guinea pig treats don't necessarily good bad, they just get stale. If she starts acting strangley, that's when you should take her to the vet. But, no need wasting a lot of money on a guinea pig that is actually fine. :) Good luck!

xXMaggieXx

Cavy Slave
Alright, I just hope this never happens again! I cleaned out everything so if she gets under my bed again. Nothing for her under there!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.