Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Sick What should I do if Heatstroke

myguys

Cavy Slave
No matter how many times I tell her it could kill my Piggie, my slightly senile Grandmother keeps turning off my My Guys A/C whenever I go to work. I'm so afraid I'm going to come home and find him dead or having a Heatstroke. If I do find him having a Heatstroke, obviously I'd get him to the Vet ER, but what can I do immediately to help him? I imagine I need to cool him down, but what's the best and safest way to do that to a Guinea Pig? I'm really worried about this so please help!

Could you leave a frozen 2 litter in their cage? It won't hurt them if the AC is left on and it will help keep them cool if your grandma turns the AC off.

Do you have central a/c or a window unit? Are your pigs in a central living space or in your room? If they're in your room, can you lock the door so she can't get in there? Are either of your parents at home to keep an eye on her? Can you call your grandma during the day to make sure she hasn't shut it off? Do you have a cooler lower level where you can keep the guinea pigs during the day and bring them back up when you get home? I feel for you.......Hope you and your Grandmother can work something out...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.