Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

wounded

xaniandra

Cavy Slave
my female piggy has a small wound on her back.its right on the middle of one of her swirl. she lives with her mom in a 4x2 c&c cage and i have never seen or heard them fight. they share the same food dish without any difficulty and both are mild temper. they get along great, they even cuddle to sleep. what can be wrong with her?

oh and she keeps doing a sound that kinda sounds like a woodpecker, or some kind of pidgeon sound, hard to describe

ZeusAndThorsMum

Cavy Slave
Fleas and mites possibly?? Or a skin irritation.

xaniandra

Cavy Slave
the other one is fine, and they have never been in contact with other pigs, but they both spent about 1 hour in the yard earlier this week. they were in a grassy area with no contact with other animals

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
The wound could be from scratching at mites. I would treat both pigs just in case.

The pigeon sound could be hooting, or labored breathing. I think it's best to take her to the vet asap.

xaniandra

Cavy Slave
by listening online i found out what sound she is making when i pick her up.Keep Away seems she wants to be left alone

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.