Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C different cages and shapes?

piggi_zone

Cavy Slave
I was wondering I see alot of people that they change their piggie cages and
the shape of their cages alot. Does changing the shape of the cage add interest for them? I change their hideys out often and sometimes keep some away for a while because sometimes a toy stay gone for awhile they act like they havent ever seen it.( even though it is their favorite toy piggie toys are so simple!)
my cage right now is 4 by 6 for 3 adults and 2 babies
one baby will be rehomed soon

Catahoula

Cavy Slave
Variety helps stimulate their little piggy minds, plus if you're the creative type it gives you a chance to work on your interior design skills. It's not a necessity to change the lay out of your cage, but changing out their toys/hideys is a good idea to keep things interesting.

Petlovr

Cavy Slave
I think people get bored with their cages, and like to switch it up. I'm not sure how that works with liners and coroplast, tho'. I made my cage out of white wire shelving, so no rearranging for me. My piggies need the added security because of the cats. The cage is way too heavy to be moved by them, and there aren't any weak spots to gain access.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.