Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi Folks

TrevH

Cavy Slave
Hi There
Wanted to give my story since becoming an owner 3 monhts ago .All good for the piggies ,some bad for Pets at Home (UK).

10 weeks ago we as a family decided to get 2 Cavy's as family pets ,little did i know what path it would lead us .

We went o P@H in our local town to buy 2 Girls (or so we were told ) im sure you see where this is going already ,and with the knowledge i now have i would always adopt from a reputable sanctuary now .Anyway we bought Cutie and Caramel
Cavies 004.jpgCavies 005.jpg

3 weeks in to ownership and none the wiser while buying some food ,hay etc there were 2 girls up for adoption and we really had a huge amount of room to accomodate 2 more easily ,and since we had purchased the other 2 and thoroughly enjoying the company ,we decided to adopt these 2 beautiful girls
piggies 017.jpg
We done the proper keeping them close and slow introductions etc .As soon as we let them together Cutie mounted the others ,so they were separated instantly and i sexed them myself ,both GIRLS as P@H told us were indeed boys .Anyway ,not a problem as we can split the cage without any issue
All was well until i noticed them both getting a little FAT ,now im positive you all know where this goes ,It wasnt the boys we had either within 2 weeks we had this
piggies 018.jpgpiggies 006.jpg
These adopted girls were already heavily pregnant before we adopted them ,So i called P@H and really went berserk at the manager who had all the excuses on how difficult it was for them etc .
iN THE END I GOT £300 of credit from them so food bedding hay etc is sorted for a good while
Sorry about the lenght of this but were nearly there
2 Weeks after adoption we were blessed with 3 healthy brown babies from Twinkle (The brownie ) who are now near 3 weeks old and doing brilliant
And on Tuesday exactly 2 weeks after Angel Had 4 Healthy happy babies who are all doing great so far too .Pics will follow in another post as i cant put anymore in here .
Intro to the babies will be the thread
He have homes for them all within our family so i can keep an eye on them

Thanks for bearing with me

Trev

schavarry

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum!!

Have you sexed the 3 week old piggies yet? The boys need to be separated from the girls at 3 weeks because they can get them pregnant at that point.. Good luck!

Keep posting pics, we'd love to see the babies!! :)

TrevH

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum!!

Have you sexed the 3 week old piggies yet? The boys need to be separated from the girls at 3 weeks because they can get them pregnant at that point.. Good luck!

Keep posting pics, we'd love to see the babies!! :)
Yeah we had them at the vet yesterday and the 2 boys ,(see the other thread with the babies ) will be separated on sunday @ 19 days old
Babies are in the other thread
Thanks

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.