Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Advantage HELP!

kananaka

Cavy Slave
I have been looking for a site to purchase advantage from (not advantage II) and can not find one I feel comfortable ordering from. Looks like my girls still have lice or got reinfected. Does anyone know of a site YOU have used to purchase advantage, and safely treated your piggies?

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
Since regular Advantage has been discontinued, it's hard to find. I found a bunch on ebay, however.

You can use Revolution for lice, too. You can get it from a vet or from Pet Shed - Pet Supplies at Discount Prices! .

kananaka

Cavy Slave
Whats the dosage for piggies?

I should say they were already treated about 1 month ago for this and I they seemed to be better but now its getting bad again. They were given shots of ivermectin ; so I want something topical this time.

Last edited:

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
You'll have to check over at Guinea Lynx for the dosage information.

kananaka

Cavy Slave
Great thanks for the help found it :)

kananaka

Cavy Slave
Thanks so much for the info @(broken link removed) I took my girls to the vet today and brought in a copy of the Guinealynx info on Revolution https://www.guinealynx.info/antiparasitics.html . He confirmed it is lice read the info I provided and treated them with it. Dr. Keseta was really sweet and gave me a dose for my daughters class piggy (provided he weighs the same and has lice), if I need another dose for his weight he will also give me one. I think mine may have gotten reinfected from the class pig or never got cleared from the shots before. Either way the previous owners took the class pig home a few weeks before we took in the girls from them, so there is a good chance he was infected then or infected them etc....

Here's to hoping it works!

Any other advice to offer (anyone) on how to be rid of lice?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.