Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cavy Mom to be. . .

charliespet

Cavy Slave
Hello, I'm Britany, renting a 4 by 2 space to my fur baby Charlie. She pays me in cuteness and droppings. ❤️ Charlie is one of 9 guinea pigs I have owned from the time I was 3. I've had a love for them ever since my brother brought one home off his church bus route, I had read the children's book Olga da Polga, a must read by all guinea pig lovers, (written from the point of veiw of a pig herself) And so that became her name. She arrived to me in a fish tank, in a pile of dirt. She was frightend and not tame. She was the only guinea who ever bit me. Although I was only 11 and my parents didn't exactly know how to care for a Piggy, my dad had raised rabbits, and knew a fish tank couldn't be good. So they bought me a cage, one of the evil pet store kinds that we thought was made for them, :sick: and I later collected a nuetured male from a friend, he was huge and red and white, Wilbur seemed to only desire to eat, get fat, and annoy the females with his tender cuddly side. Then came Ellie, my English Pig, who was spunky and fun, the two females bonded like mother and daughter. I made clothes for them, and played for hours outside with them.

Unfortunatley all my first pigs had tragic endings...Chrismas, who I was too young to remember, was pregnant and died after having 8 babies. Then Olga was killed when my sister left her and the pigs out in their grass run in the rain. She became ill and died while I was at camp. Wilbur died later, while my friends took care of him for me, again away for camp. He was very old, but we think ragweed did him in. Ellie died of heat stroke, her outdoor run ran out of shade while I was doing chores, I was young, and the ending was bitter. Then there was Bug, my black and white baby, a gift from my boyfriend, (now husband) and while we were visiting family, our roomate called to say he had died in the night. The same happened to Daisy, only had her 3 days from the pet store. Charlie came to me a baby, and she has thrived, reminds me so much of Olga. I got her a new cage mate after Daisy passed, a caramel and black we named Raisins. Needless to say, raisins wasn't a girl. And one morning, a fully haired gorgeous baby pig lay next to Charlie in the cage. I was so shocked, then afraid. I knew Charlie was probably already pregnant bc of her post natal heat. The poor little baby died after only one day, it was a boy, white and light brown and caramel, with grey eyes. Now Raisins has been given to another home, and Charlie is pregnant with what seems like 2 or 3 babies...so that's my Cavy story.:eye-poppi

charliespet

Cavy Slave
Oh yes, forgot to say that Olga Da Polga, she ended up becoming amazingly tame, she was my little buddy, and even tolerated a leash in time. She would come to me and never run when I wanted to hold her, it just took some love and time for her to adjust.

charliespet

Cavy Slave
Cavy Mom to be. . .Cavy Mom to be. . . O Left, Charlie's first baby, right is Charlie herself!

piggi_zone

Cavy Slave
i dont know all i see is hair
and leashes arent good for piggies

stacy97006

Cavy Slave
Adorable I love the bright red/orange color on her :)

charliespet

Cavy Slave
Thank you stacey...piggie_zone, yes, I know that now..didn't when I was 11 so you'll have to forgive me cuz this was back when ppl still ate guinea pigs and my dad threatend to drown them because of the noise. I was, once again, a little girl who spent hours with them, and didn't have the internet to tell me a leash that was made for them wasn't a good idea.

stacy97006

Cavy Slave
I agree there was alot I didnt know about guinea pigs before I found this site and I am still learning everyday as I read the new posts that come through. We should be happy that she found this site and is learning the correct way to care for guinea pigs. And the picture does have the two pigs close to each other but geez dumping on that too if you take 2 seconds to look you can see mama and baby. Have a happy day everyone!!

piggi_zone

Cavy Slave
yes they are adorable I dont never see long haired piggies in real life

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
They are cute piggies. I hope this pregnancy goes better for Mama Piggy. Good luck and welcome to the thread!

miss_melmel

Cavy Slave
welcome to the fourm you will learn so much from people on here

charliespet

Cavy Slave
Thanks I'm sure I will be learning some new things, I just know I love my pets. Now I just need to find out how to get them to Italy with me safely!

piggi_zone

Cavy Slave
wow long way to travel

Alaskangurl

Cavy Slave
Welcome and beautiful furbabies. I have two tricolored too, one an Aby mix and the other a Peruvian mix and just love them and their wild hair.

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
You have certainly had a lot of bad luck with guinea pigs. I sincerely hope you will do lots of reading here and also at www.guinealynx.info , so Charlie will have a better chance than the others.

Welcome!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.