Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Injury not sure what this is...

guinnymom23

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
not sure what this is...
Yesterday afternoon my daughter noticed that Pebbles right eye looked off...I've attached a pic not sure what to do right now since last week Nibbles had a similar issue, gave her an antibiotic gel (Fucithalmic) that worked for her but doesn't seem to be working on Pebbles. I really can't afford to take her to the vet. I am a single mother of three kids and have limited funds...but if it doesn't get better, I'll have to try to get her in to see one. Just curious to know if anyone here would know what this is and if it's something serious or may be a result of hay/getting scratched? she is currently scratching it at times now and has now made an open wound, the gel helps with that.

I hope someone more experience responds.
Just wanted to say I hope Pebbles gets better soon.

One thing I think should be mentioned, she is eating, playing, running around like normal. This pic was when I was holding her and she likes to lay out on me, just had my lap top on my legs and took a picture as best as I could without stressing her out too much. She is the one that looooves to cuddle with us the most...I really hope this isn't anything too hurtful for her and that she can heal quickly, I am worried for her deeply...

Eye injuries are very painful so please get her to a vet. Call ahead and see if they can work out a payment plan with you.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.