Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi All !!! New Skiny pig Owner here !!!

Lawcatt509

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone my name is Mary .. but some call me Catt .. for the last month i been going into the pet store and staring at this really strange fellow .. my nose pressed against the glass liek a kid as people and the workers walk past me and stare at me strangely .. i even took my hubby in to see him and even my hubby has went to vist thsi strange fellow ..there was something about him that just i could not shake he had my heart at first glance .. i begged and pleadded with my hubby again like a child read up and you tubed on thsi little fellow asked the right question and poked the right people till finaly one day my hubby decides to take me to the pet store i did not want to go see if this little fellow was gone it would have broke my heart .. and there he was i looked at the glass and he came out his little hiding house came right up to the glass and looked at me .. that was it i was inlove truely madly inlove .. i asked if i could hold him .. husband new that would have been the end of his wallet than ..lol .. once this little guy was in my arms there was no letting go .. took my baby home .. mind you i was a bit worried for i have a cat and 2 dogs but everyone seems to be getting along fine for the moment .. we named our new little guy Wilber .. and in just a few weeks thsi little Skinny pig { hairless guiney pig } has pretty mutch aptured our hearts .. { even if hubby wont admit to it} so now i am here and i am hoping to learn as much as i can so my baby can grow up healthy and awesoem and fat like me !! : )

Beloved89

Cavy Slave
Aw hairless Guinea Pigs are so cute. I want to see pictures of your new little critter lol And welcome!

Lawcatt509

Cavy Slave
Aw hairless Guinea Pigs are so cute. I want to see pictures of your new little critter lol And welcome!

Oh i already put up pictures i hope i set them right i wanted them public .. i am still new to thsi world .. hehe but so inlove !!!!

boofp

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
You story is so touching. I can feel the love just by reading. Welcome and you have come to the right place.

casey's mommy

Cavy Slave
welcome to the forum and a new way of life :D glad you got your piggie please ask any questions you have no matter how small. we are here to help. welcome!

Lawcatt509

Cavy Slave
aww Thank you very much .. i am so hooked on him just wish he was not so shy .. but i try everyday talking to him and putting my hand in his cage witch he enjoys nipping at .. he is a quick guy so sometimes i can catch him but i guess patience and care will win him over soon enough : )

casey's mommy

Cavy Slave
because they are naturally prey animals they will always run from a hand in the cage. try catching him and holding him on your lap, listen and pay attention to his ques that he has to go back limit it to 20 minutes if you dont get a que from him. try to be consistent. read more in the floor time section under lap time. hope this helps

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.