Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

The Guinea pigs have taken over another home :)

dobiebabie

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone! I just became a proud cavy "slave" to two wonderful baby girls. Ive been reading a lot about them and am looking forward to learning everything I can to care for them. I do a lot of sewing and crafting and spend most of my free time in my craft room. That is were my girls live :) They are currently in the largest store bought piggie cage but will be getting the largest c&c cage with 2x2 upper deck that guinea pig zone sells in about a month if not earlier. Love to listen to them while I craft. So cute :) I'm looking forward to becoming one of the best piggie parents there are and helping others when ever needed.

dani_starr

Cavy Slave
Welcome! You should post pics of your girls, everyone love pics. Also, have you considered making your own C&C cage? Coroplast averages $15-$35 a 4ft x 8ft sheet depending on where you go, and the grids $20 at Bed, Bath, and Beyond for 19 panels. (You can make a 5x3 with them and have 3 panels left over!). It really isn't too hard to do, I made mine at 2am in the morning! Welcome again though! :eek:)

dobiebabie

Cavy Slave
I've been looking for coroplast here in AL but havent been able to find any so I was going to order one. Been looking for about a month. Will be posting pics as soon as I find the cord to my camera. The cord gnomes keep running off with it :p

Crystalkate

Cavy Slave
Welcome!!!!!!

boofp

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
welcome cant wait to see pictures.
Good luck you could just use fleece and towel layered untill you get your coroplast. so then all you will need is zip ties and grids.

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer

dobiebabie

Cavy Slave
Thanks Crystalkate, dani_starr, boofp and Inle_Rabbit :) I'm in Opelika AL and the closest place is over 100 miles a way in Birmingham . Thanks for the link tho. I'm using towels and fleece right now and will be making cage liners after I get the c&c cage. I don't mind getting one online. It's cheaper then having to buy gas going all over the place trying to find the stuff to make it myself. It also comes with the ramp I'm going to need for the upper deck.
As for pictures, I found my camera cord and will be posting pics as soon as the battery charges up.
Love you guys and thanks again for all the help :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.