Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introducing Sheldon!

ellisa

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Hey everyone!
So, I went to pick up Penny's new buddy today. It was a long drive but we made it there! After I picked him up I noticed his eye was a little swollen and was pink and crusty. His nails were also a horrible, horrible mess. I called my vet and made an appointment for as soon as we would be back in the city.

When we got to the vet she did a thorough check-up. She said his lungs sound great, fur looks great. He has conjunctivitis, so he's on some drops for a bit until it clears up. She said he looks great otherwise. He is for sure neutered.

As soon as I got home we set up his quarantine cage. I have to use my dogs' crate because I don't have a petstore cage. The crate is about the size of a 2x2 C&C. Not ideal, but it will work. Upon clipping his nails, I noticed he has a spur. It's not bad, so I'm keeping an eye on it. Will trim if necessary.

I am in love with him! He is such a lovely chocolate color, with some streaks of orange/brown around his rump. He also has a bit of a ridge along his back. I'm wondering if he's a ridgeback. He is so sweet. He's being shy right now, but gobbled up some lettuce and cilantro. He was so good when we trimmed his nails.

I'll attach some pictures. They aren't the best. They were taken with a cell phone. It's getting dark now, so I'll take better pictures tomorrow when there's more light.

Oh, yes, the name! Well, my girl now is Penelope (Penny), so what did this guy have to be named? Sheldon, of course! (Big Bang Theory, anyone?)

Here he is!!
Introducing Sheldon!Introducing Sheldon!Introducing Sheldon!Introducing Sheldon!

(Not sure why the first pic is bigger :S)

pinky

Cavy Slave
He is so precious!!! He sure looks like a Ridgeback to me. I love Big Bang Theory.... the names are perfect!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Very cute pig!

ellisa

Cavy Slave
Thanks! Those pictures were taken just after clipping his nails. That's why his face is being stuffed with lettuce!

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
He is adorable! Love the name. He looks like he has some longerish hair that is adding to his awesome mohawk! =D

ellisa

Cavy Slave
He is adorable! Love the name. He looks like he has some longerish hair that is adding to his awesome mohawk! =D

Thanks! Yes, his hair is long(ish). Not long like a Peruvian or anything, but longer. He has his little mohawk, and then down towards his lower back he has another mohawk. :crazy: Not like an abby, though. It's weird, but so cute!

RodentsRus

Cavy Star, Video Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
When we got to the vet she did a thorough check-up. She said his lungs sound great, fur looks great. He has conjunctivitis.

Be very careful..I caught it from one on of our hamster once then gave it to my b/f..

BTW: OMG is he cute. BIG TIME

ellisa

Cavy Slave
Be very careful..I caught it from one on of our hamster once then gave it to my b/f..

BTW: OMG is he cute. BIG TIME

Yes, thank you! I am being very careful! I handle Penny first, then wash, then Sheldon. My hands are going to be very dry for the next little while until he's better! I feel so bad for him. His little eye looks so sore :(

RodentsRus

Cavy Star, Video Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
If you ever had it it is sore BUT at least he's in a better place with you..

Fizzlepop40

Cavy Slave
Gah! He's adorable!! :D

lissie

Cavy Slave
Very cute! But I thought Penny is/was dating Leonard.

cococheezer

Cavy Slave
BAZINGA! Wow what a handsome gentlemen.

Congratulations!

cavy_jdas

Cavy Slave
So cute! I look forward to the followup in a few weeks when he and Penny get to meet :)

cavy_jdas

Cavy Slave
Very cute! But I thought Penny is/was dating Leonard.

Yes, it should be Leonard. Penny and Lenny - how cute would that be?

Cinpepmeg

Cavy Slave
He's so precious!! And so is are the names of your piggies! Hahaha too funny and cute!

ellisa

Cavy Slave
I know that Leonard would make more sense, since he and Penny are dating, but to be honest, he is my least favorite character. Sheldon, however, is my fav lol

SurfingPigs

Cavy Slave
:eye-poppi He is such a handsome pig. Congrats on the addition! The bad part: now we have to wait for quarantine to be over for pictures of the introductions.

PS: I love their names (and the show), too!

Alaskangurl

Cavy Slave
Love the name altho Sheldon is my favorite also. He is lucky to have you as his new furmama and Penny will tell him what a good life he now has. Thanks for sharing pictures.

SeeSpotSit

Cavy Slave
Your piggie is super cute and I love the Big Bang Theory! Sheldon is my favorite as well :)

JadeRenee

Cavy Slave
Adorable! And I love the names, haha. The Big Bang Theory is one of my favorites! :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.