Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New Cage ideas!!!

C

Cavey Guy

New Cage ideas!!!

hello! i have a cage that is 16'tall, 24'long, and 18' deep.
so i added a upper level the same height except it is only 10' tall. me and my father cut a hole and put a board in there with a little wire in there holding it up. it is kind of at a steep angle. and the pigs seem to keep sliding down on the nose(when they actually get up!) is there any ideas u could give me for a better ramp. i wanted a C&C cage but due to my 3 hamsters and 4 degu's and my 2 pigs, i have very limited space!! thanx for your time!

P

peachygrl

Re: New Cage ideas!!!

Yikes! I assume you mean inches instead of feet on those cage measurements. That's a tiny cage for one pig, let alone two. I think that if you can't decrease the slope of the ramp then maybe you should take it out, it can't be good for the pigs to be falling on their nose when trying to get off of it, they might even break a leg :(

You might try cutting small strips of wood the width of the ramp and securing them to the ramp at one inch intervals so the pigs have 'grips' to keep them from sliding down the thing. Other than that, I don't have any ideas.

I hope you let them out to run around a lot!

C

Cavey Guy

yup

yes those measurments are in inches. and they seem very happy. as i said i have a very small room. thanx for the ideas. if u saw the cage you wouldn't say it was tiny :)

Attachments

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg 2014-01-28 21.02.12.jpg 2014-01-28 21.02.08.jpg IMG_1855.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397517056.198510.jpg

SuperCavyLover

Cavy Slave
Re: yup

Only if the piggies will TELL you(which will never happen) that they're comfortable in the small cage, will I believe that your cavies are happy. And no, since you gave us the measurements, we don't need to see a picture- it's SMALL.

I reccomend you adding on to your cage. I'm currently making 3 C&C cages for a few of my 17 piggies.

C

Cavey Guy

uh huh

i agree, C&C cages are the best but for the 4th time my room is SMALL!!!! i do not have the room. but i built a new cage that is 5 feet across and 3 feet tall. if that isn't big enough, i'm very sorry.

Attachments

CAM00244.jpg CAM00214.jpg
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.