Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

!!! Website!!!

Faunn
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

tinkerbell

Cavy Slave
I know that it's not right , but at least they have some shade right?

Matt & Guins

Cavy Slave
I have spoken to this person in the past (along with a number of other breeders), and what you see in one particular picture (of a metal shed in the 'searing heat' of australia) is not always the case.

This particular shed (I cant speak for others people may be using) is actually covered by shade the majority of the day, and sun only reaches it in the late afternoon when the temp is much cooler. It has insulation on the insides of the shed and also has sun reflectors/insulators to go on the outside if ever needed. There is hessian covering on the roof, with an automated watering system. Fans and icepacks are in there is the temp gets over a certain heat and it is certainly much cooler in there then outside.

What alot of people on here dont seem to realise, is that in Australia the large majority of cavies are kept OUTSIDE, and are considered as outside pets (whether you agree with this or not is up to you). I would assume that by being in a setup such as this, the cages are protected from the eliments - the heat, wind and rain - which ordinary outdoor cages would not be.

Matt

Matt & Guins

Cavy Slave
Oh, on another note, I did a google search and had a look at Iversons website the other day (after a big hoo-hah on here about him), went to the links page and didnt see many links to breeders there at all? I thought was only links to clubs and things? Maybe I have a different website? or am thinking of a different person?

Matt

PS. I tried to add this edit into the other post, but ended up having to make a new post in doing so? Can we not edit threads made by ourselves or is there a certain time limit for editing? (so sorry if I and up with multiple replies)

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
You can only edit your post within 10 minutes of placing it.

Myspoiltpiggies

Cavy Slave
I know this person (not in person, but through a forum) and she is nice, the animals aren't badly treated or anything. She cares for her animals. But, yes she does breed. There are many breeders who have 100+ guinea pigs, I think that's just out of hand.. but this breeder only has 20 or 30.

Faunn
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
OK. If a person takes good care of their pigs, great. But that does NOT change the fact that they breed. Even if she only has 20 or 30 pigs... That dosen't change anything.

Teria

Cavy Slave
The worst thing about that website is the layout and the colours. I went blind after five minutes.

Matt & Guins

Cavy Slave
RubyPiggie2 said:
But that does NOT change the fact that they breed. Even if she only has 20 or 30 pigs... That dosen't change anything.
Yes, you're right about that. A person whether they have 5 litters a year or 5 every day is still a "breeder".

Teria said:
The worst thing about that website is the layout and the colours. I went blind after five minutes.

LOL. Do you mean the old site, or the way it has newly been updated? (which is still under construction). I think its much easier to follow with the new layout.

Matt

The Magic Taco

Cavy Slave
That's not right. I live in queensland, one of the hottest states there is and i know that Sydney isn't as hot but it's still not right.
(You must admit those are some handsome pigs)

Myspoiltpiggies

Cavy Slave
Yes, I know it doesn't make it any better that she only has a few, and not 100+. I was just trying to make it a little better, I don't know about you, but I hate knowing there are guinea pigs out there in trouble, I just like to think positively. I didn't say it wasn't bad that she still breeds though.

C

crusaderstud

I know this lady very very well. I know for a fact that she keeps her cavies very well, there is no direct sunlight on any of the cavies in there, it is covered over with tress so it can be kept nice and cool. In the guinea pig world we are breeding to try to improve a standard of a breed, this is done with care and knowledge, and that we dont interbreed, dont leave the male in with the female when she has had a litter and we give them a good rest for about 3 months until the can be breed next. To me this is the correct care and breeding.

If you take alook at the new website you will find that it is much easier to follow and read. You dont go blind after about 5 mintues.

Cheers

Brett

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
Breeding for whatever reason is not condoned here. I have a funny feeing this is breeder block hutches part II. :p

Matt & Guins

Cavy Slave
Breeding for whatever reason is not condoned here. I have a funny feeing this is breeder block hutches part II. :p

I certainly hope it Isn't going to get to that state again - that breeders block hutches thread was just miserable and is still continuing in the arguement!.

Unfortunately, I guess when new people join up, they have a compulsion for some reason to go through old threads and put in their little say when needed.

In the end, a breeder is a breeder (as sabriel has said) - let not make this thread another which just turns into a major battle again about breeders - plenty of those already.

Matt

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
Well as that person is banned, and unless they had brought a lot of friends with them, it seems that we were spared that battle. :p

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
I have a funny feeing this is breeder block hutches part II. :p

That's exactly what I thought, Sabriel.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.