Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Grids Where to find grids in a store?

LittlePiggie

Cavy Slave
I've been searching for grids, but where would they be in a store?

Home appliances, hardware, bathroom, ect. I just can't seem to find them!!!

I'm not too keen on buying online, so I would really like to be able to purchase them at a store. Does anybody know where they would be found?

HappyHopperz

Cavy Slave
I've always looked for them in home storage, as they were originally used as wire cube shelving. Hope I helped! :)

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Ask someone at the stores. You're looking for wire storage cubes.

HappyHopperz

Cavy Slave
Also, if you are looking for ramps or covers, Target has some white CounterMaid covers and storage shelves to use as ramps. I got my cage from a lady off CL, and it came with one of those ramps. It is still sitting in our hallway unassembled, but I'll send you a picture of the finished cage! :)

piggi_zone

Cavy Slave
It really is a hit-or- miss situation as there are several chain stores reputed to carry the grids, but not every store in that chain carries them. People find them at Target, WalMart, Bed, Bath & Beyond, K-Mart, and Sears. Go online and see if the chain carries them, then check the stores in your locale. Some chains will ship to your local store at no extra charge.

The only place I have found them in my area is at Sears. Be sure that the grids are 9 openings square. If the grid has less than 9 openings per side, then the openings may be large enough for body parts to get stuck, especially if your cavies are young. Target is infamous for carrying those grids.

Look in the Home Storage section for storage cubes as a general guideline.
sears and kmart do ship to store they dont keep them in the store

CLV71

Cavy Slave
Both Sears and Kmart have them in stores near me.

Cavalicious

Cavy Slave
I see that they have Bed, Bath and Beyond in Pennsylvania. What I did was reserve the item online and did pick up at the store. They are good with that. They also have some good mattress pads if you're interested in making fleece liners. But that's another thread ;)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.