Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Are these the right thing?

BigChiefHoho

Cavy Slave
I can't find the cubes anywhere in my area, so I'm ordering online. Since I'm ordering online, I can't look at the product and make sure it's right, and, having never made one of these cages before, I don't know if this is what I'm looking for. The product I'm looking at is here: (broken link removed) Could someone tell me if it's the right thing?

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
Yup. Those are perfect. (I would suggest two boxes at least)

Daisy Duke
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

BigChiefHoho

Cavy Slave
slap_maxwell said:
Yup. Those are perfect. (I would suggest two boxes at least)
How many grids make up one cube? I'll need 18 grids to make the cage I want. A cube should is six-sided, so assuming that one side is left open, it's five grids. That'd be thirty grids for a six-cube set. Or do they use a different number? (Incidentally, I am ordering two boxes because I do plan on expansion down the line [those sheets of coroplast are bigger than I thought!], but I'm curious)

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
I think 23. Each cube shares a side with another cube.

You may want a second level or a play pen made out of grids.

BigChiefHoho

Cavy Slave
Thanks! Just ordered two - I think I'm going to put a big upper level on for them too. Can't wait until they get here!

Christys GPS

Cavy Slave
I had gotten these ones also from bed bath and beyond. Just to give you a heads up, you are also going to need the cable ties also, they are extremely tricky to put together, wth out falling.

Daisy Duke
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
I bought a pack of those at BB&B when I was first searching for cube grids. Definitely invest in cable ties and a rubber mallet to get those connectors on. They can be a little tricky until you get the hang of it!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.