Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Will one sheet be enough?

hayley411

Cavy Slave
I am looking to make a 2x3 with a 1x2 loft. I was wondering if one sheet of coro will be enough. I am hoping to make the sides extra high about 10" as I intend to use bedding. Or could I make a bigger cage with one sheet? Thanks...

I would recommend a single level with more space than a second level. It's harder to clean the cage with a ramp and the extra space gives them more room to run. I took out my second level because I felt it was wasted space. My guinea pigs were immediately more active once I took it out. You really don't need 10" sides. My 2 x 5 had 8" sides and I liked that height better than the 6" sides I have in my 2 x 6.

I agree with what pinky said, even though I've never had a loft they always look hard to clean under and like they would get in the way for the pigs, but I think it also depends on the person and the pigs and what you think would work.
One 4 foot by 8 foot sheet of coroplast is big enough to make up to a 2x6, I think. I know it's more then enough to make 2x3 with 1x2 loft.

Last edited:
I second that, with such a small cage a ramp will take away the much needed space & put it below minimum. I removed my loft in a 2x5 for the same reason. And the fact that most pigs don't like ramps & second floors as much as a single one.

Oh that's great didn't know I could make than large of a cage with only a single sheet. I am more than happy to make it bigger. I wanted the higher sides so that when they got excited and zoomed around it wouldn't kick bedding all over on to the carpet.

I currently have two pigs. Both rescues, one old neutered boar and his girly friend who is heavily pregnant. Due in the next few weeks. Sides need to be extra high to keep in babies as well.
Keep in mind I do live in a small one bedroom apartment so dont have tons of space. Was hoping to make a cage to fit between the tv and fireplace (dont worry its never lit) This will only fit 3 grids maybe 4. Would a 2x4 be an okay size? Or should I try and go for a 3x4?

Need advice. I'm just not sure how big to make it? What is the best size for 2 pigs?

Click the Home button at the top of the page for cage sizes,

How old is your pregnant piggy?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.