Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Stands How many metal grids do I need to make a stand for a 2x4?

Pinkstiletto66

Cavy Slave
Hi. I want to make a stand for a 2x4 cage, and I might also be purchasing a 2x3 in a few days, so I will need to make a stand for that one as well. I have seen some people with only a one level stand meaning only one panel high panel all around, and I have also seen people with two or three. I'd like it high enough that I don't have to be on the floor to get the gps, and I can reach in standing up. I'm 5'6 btw. Can you tell how much I would need for each level. The cubes that I saw are $25 on amazon, and it looks like 14 panels. https://www.amazon.com/Whitmor-6070...BSFI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1319409668&sr=8-2
It's free shipping so yipee. How many of those would I need for one cage? Later I will do the math for the other cage. Thanks

How many metal  grids do I need to make a stand for a 2x4? My 2x4 took 20 grids and my 2x3 took 15 grids for stands. I made a base of 8 grids, then added 10 grids to hold the bases up. Then I added a grid across the last 2 cubes for more support. Then my husband used about 100 zip/wire ties. He zip tied the cage grids to the base.

This cage and stand are VERY stable. For the 2x3, same thing on a smaller scale:) Good luck!

thats an awesome cage!

i knew i should search! :silly: i was about to post this exact same question! thanks for the visual, guinea pony (love your name btw, they are such fat little horses). I just didn't know how many I would need for it to be sturdy.

i hope the OP doesn't mind if I throw out another question...
it's just occurred to me now, seeing guinea pony's picture, that I have wood floors and maybe it would be better standing on carpet. any input?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.