Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Expanding My Horizons

Catahoula

Cavy Slave
Hi All,

I'm Catahoula (code name for Danielle). I've been an animal lover my entire life and my house seems somewhat like a zoo.:) But, I really wouldn't have it any other way.

I actually don't own guinea pigs and never have, not even as a kid. After spending time with a few, I've become very attached and now understand many people's love of these little ones.

In the future I hope to make a few piggies a part of my family, so this is when I begin all my research. As with all my animals, I read EVERYTHING I can about them before bringing one (or two, or three) home. I hope to learn as much as I can, so that WHEN I'm ready for my new additions they will be happy and healthy.

**The Family (so far)...5 horses, 4 cats, 2 dogs, 4 snails, 3 frogs, 1 lizard, 13 fish, and a partridge in a pear tree...LOL, just kidding about that last one. But, when they're happy, I'm happy!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
Welcome, this site is full of amazing advise and people! Great to hear your researching before hand! I wish I knew about it when I rescued Huey at the begining of the year, but he was living outside with bunnies and the littlest bunny(but twice Hueys size) was picking on him! I didn't care about anything but saving his cute little butt!

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
Welcome, this is certainly the place to get lots of good guinea pig information!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Welcome!

Start reading with Guinea Pig Education, Care, Rescue and Adoption at Cavy Spirit, then move on to the stickies in these forums. And congratulations to you for doing your research before you get your pigs.

Do please adopt your pigs when and if you get them -- there are thousands of homeless pigs who need someone to take them home and love them.

Catahoula

Cavy Slave
Thank you for the warm welcome. I will probably end up reading everything on this site and many others over the next couple of months.

I've already started looking around my area for where to get cage supplies and also the guinea pigs themselves, but I'll start another thread for that. I ALREADY have questions.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave

RubyRain

Cavy Slave
Welcome! I did research before I got pigs too and was so glad that I did. It saved me a lot of wasted money on the wrong cage and food, etc.
By the time I finally adopted my girls (I was lucky to find a bonded pair) I was all set and educated thanks to this site, a few select books, and guinealynx.com.

Good luck in your search!

Duffinvt

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome ! It will be fun to help you get started and also to help you find adoptables in your area. Wish you were in Vermont. My local rescue is full and there are more pigs available every day on Craigslist! I guess school starts and nobody has time to care for their pets.... sad.

Catahoula

Cavy Slave
I apologize, my internet connection is too slow to use the "reply" buttons.

@bpatters - I'm hoping I posted in the right spot, but I asked my adoption question in the "For Adoption" part of the forum.

I'm interested and eager to read everyone's responses.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.