Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Skin Problems Black Flakes?

jayceestar27

Cavy Slave
Hey Everyone, When petting my darker pigs (Pip, and her two daughters) I've noticed little black flakes and hair come off on my hands. I thought it was dandruff but I'm not sure... When I got Pip about eight months ago I treated her with Ivermectin and I've treated all my other pigs as well so I don't think its mites. I Check all my pigs for little critters regularly because two of my pigs had running lice when I got them so know i'm paranoid. I haven't seen any signs of lice on any of them. Does anyone have any ideas?

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
Light colored pigs have light colored skin and light colored skin flakes ( dandruff). Dark colored pigs have dark colored skin and dark colored dandruff. Could that be what you are seeing?

jayceestar27

Cavy Slave
Thats What I thought but, its pretty bad. Is there anything I can do to less the amount?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.