Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Preparing fleece questions

moo2bella

Cavy Slave
Hi there,

I'm getting ready for two piggies that I'm adopting next weekend (5 days time). I'm using towels and (anti-pill or polar) fleece as bedding in a C&C cage. I've washed and air dried the fleece three times and it still isn't wicking at all. It's on it's 4th wash cycle as I write.

My hot water tap is broken so the only way I can get hot water into the machine is to carry it in buckets from the kitchen (which is urgh). Also, I don't have a drier, so air drying is the only option. I live in Sydney, Australia, so even though it's winter here getting things dry isn't usually a problem - hence no drier.

Am I being impatient, will it just take another couple of washes? Or is it absolutely essential that I get hot water into the tub? Does it just take longer with cold water, or does it not work ever?

Is there anything else I can do to speed up the process? Give it a good whacking perhaps?

sarah_atx

Cavy Slave
In my opinion it will be fine to use it as it is, I wouldn't worry so much about it. Maybe change it more frequently in the beginning.

moo2bella

Cavy Slave
I might not have any choice! Have now washed and dried them 4 times. Now I'm soaking them overnight in warm water (yes, I carted the buckets out). Will try washing again in the morning and keep my fingers crossed!

Travelingirl916

Cavy Slave
It sounds like you are doing everything right. I hope it starts working for you soon.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.