Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

How many wooden hidey's do I need?

cetd27

Cavy Slave
Hi,

I have only had my piggie for a month now ( we lost our other piggie 17 days after we got her :weepy:. We are waiting to adopt our new neutered boy piggie and can bring him home on the 23rd! My question is I purchased 2 pigloos already, but I wanted to order the wooden ones, for when we get the new piggie. I have a 2X5 cage but I am going to add a 2nd level and change things around , to hopefully reduce the chances of territorial issues when the new piggie comes home. Can I just get one if I still use the pigloos or should I order 2?

Thank you.

idramaxx0

Cavy Slave
Most people say you should have 1 more hiddy than you have pigs. But you also need to make sure you don't clutter their space too much so they have room to run. With a 2x5 you should be able to fit 3 hiddies.
So sorry for your loss btw. It's so sad when we lose our babies too soon.

cetd27

Cavy Slave
Thank you, I guess my question is do I need to get a wooden hidey so each piggie can chew on his own? I read that somewhere. I agree with you about having the cage too crowded with stuff. I love watching her running around in her cage!

Rnd210

Cavy Slave
They can both chew on it and both probably will so you really only need to get one. The wooden hidey house would be the 1 extra.

cetd27

Cavy Slave
Thank you, I am putting the order in now. :)

1frankie7

Cavy Slave
1 Extra minimum. If you already ordered then one should be fine, but if its not been put through I would get two. That way they each have one. It never hurts to have lots of houses. If you have too little houses they may not get along.

:)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.