Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cleaning Quick question about cleaning

Squelchi

Cavy Slave
I finally built a 2x4 C&C cage for my two boys and I am so proud of myself! =) But anyway. Before I put them in, I have a question about how to clean it. I have already decided that I will be using kiln dried pine. With my old store bought cage, I would just take it outside and empty it and hose it down, and use a mild cleaner. But with the C&C, as I'm sure a lot of you will admit, it's a little flimsy for its size and I'm afraid it will give when I try to carry it up the stairs, and I don't want that. :yuck:

So I was wondering. If I scoop the old bedding out, what kind of cleaner can I use? It has packaging tape on the side of it to keep it together, so I don't really want to hose it down and break down the tape... So what kind of spray-and-wipe cleaner would be okay to use? I did read somewhere that a vinegar-water mix would be acceptable, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate to hear them. lol

I use a mixture of 50% water and 50% vinegar and it works really well.

That's what I heard, and I guess that means it's safe too. Thanks. =)

I use a mixture of 50% water and 50% vinegar and it works really well.

Thats what I used too, when I used carefresh bedding. Now I use fleece with a layer of towels then mattress pad and Pepper and I couldnt be more happy!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.