Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello everyone :)

Supa187

Cavy Slave
I've lurked on these forums for quite a while since my girlfriend is a frequent poster. I finally decided to break down and make a username. There's few people who I can share my cute guinea pig stories with in real life so I felt it was the right time.

My girlfriend has 2 pigs of her own and one fateful weekend we planned to visit our local rescue. We had seen pictures of a guinea pig there that looked to be in a small kennel with no hay and just newspaper to walk around on. She had a pigloo that had seen better days as well.

I knew going into this that neither of us would be able to leave the poor thing there. So that is how I met my Lucy! As usual food helped her open up to me and in a few months she was a completely spoiled daddy's girl living in her nice big 3x5 C&C cage. Lucy loves to tell me it's time to eat and will let me know even as I'm walking up the stairs to our room lol. She has good hearing, no surprise there.

As happy as she seemed, I knew that Lucy would really want a friend. I had seen both of my gf's piggies really blossom after being introduced to each other.

So a quick 2 hour drive or so to a guinea pig rescue and , wallah!, Sunshine came into our lives. We kept her in smaller C&C cage for a week just to get her used to her new surroundings. The quarantine had already been done by the rescue.

The introduction went very smooth. No more than 2 days later they were already getting along quite well. At present day they play lots of games and the occasional rumble strut is followed by popcorning lol. Big tough piggies.

So I just wanted to say Hi! from all of us and look forward to posting in the future.

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
Welcome .. what cute faces they have.

Shurrim

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Happy you adopted them, they look very cute.

natashia

Cavy Slave
hello! What lovely piggies :)

MaryGoodnight

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Your post has me optimistic I can get my boyfriend into cavies too :)

louie_joey

Cavy Slave
Welcome to GPC! Cute pigs!

cam767

Cavy Slave
Welcome! What cuties you have there. :) Can't wait to see more pics and hear more about them.

MaggieMae

Cavy Slave
Awww what adorable piggies! I have the weirdest urge to hug them and give them kisses all over their wee little faces...

C. Cole-Chakotay

Cavy Slave
I love their cute little faces looking out of their pigloo.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.