Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Getting Along I want to be able to recommend this site.

misspigglie

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone, I really want to recommend this site to other new piggie owners or to people wanting to get their first piggie. But, I am very worried that if they don't know what they are doing, or if they want to have little babies, that some people, who do get really riled up about breeding, will scare them away with their intensity. I do totally agree on the anti-breeding, and on taking care of your piggies exceptionally well and housing them properly. I just want these newcomers to be able to come here and talk with the experienced Cavy Slaves about the proper care and raising of them. I have read alot of posts where someone feels so intensely about anti-breeding that they scare even me. I do believe it is best to try in a gentle and informative way to get these people to do the right thing. When I first started out, I did'nt know anything about piggies, or that pregnancy could kill them. My piggie was already pregnant by the time I found you guys, and living in a rubbermaid tub. (yeah, nice huh?) I was told by the petstore this was all they needed, really. Anyway, is there a compromise available for these newbies? Or, can I recommend a link associated with this group? Please let me know, and I respect & am amazed by you all.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
As long as the newbies don't come here wanting to breed their pigs there will be no problem. Breeding discussions are not allowed period. If they want to come and learn how to take proper care of the piggies, they are more than welcome. We are pretty tolerant (at least I am) of new members who have bought pigs and didn't know better or didn't know there are shelters/rescues.

misspigglie

Cavy Slave
How can we convince newbies not to breed in a positive and informative way? (Even when you just want to thump them on the head) Also where can I find the best pages to print out for new owners? Also, I would like to know where everyone got their info on owning and caring for cavies at? The most experienced cavy slaves got it from where? Everybody had to start out somewhere, and I know alot of you got it from experience, even bad experience.?????I just would like to know, I am still new at this. (Less than 1 year) Thank you, I don't mean to be criticising (sp?) Just need some input/help

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.