Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Meet Grover

skinnypigs

Cavy Slave
This is Grover my new skinny pig.
He is only 1.5 months old. He is in quarantine now and only has a week to go. He will meet Barnaby and Ernie next Saturday and I hope all goes well.

fresian.m

Cavy Slave
He's sooo adorable!

Shurrim

Cavy Slave
awwwww he's so cute!!!!!!! I wish I had a skinny too.
I had a skinny rat and they are so adorable!
Funny how they have hair mostly only on nose :)
Tell us how the introduction goes when you do it!

Hugsy

Cavy Slave
Too cute!!! I wanted a Skinny but my husband says ewwwwwwwwww. LOL Men.

skinnypigs

Cavy Slave
I will let you know how the introductions go, I might try and video tape it.

mtm88781

Cavy Slave
One very cute piggie :) That would be great to video tape the introduction, and I am sure very entertaining to watch :) Please keep us updated on how it goes!

Evangela

Cavy Slave
I've never seen a skinny before! He is so cute! I love the ears.

cam767

Cavy Slave
He's too cute. I would love to get more pigs but I think it's them I'm allergic to...although allergies seem to be getting a lot better because of the meds. Where do you get skinny's from? Do they come into shelters often? Maybe next year when we are done with renovations on our downstairs and things settle down I'll email the shelter and ask if they do take any in for adoption if they could keep me in mind. I've never heard or seen one until this forum.

Shurrim

Cavy Slave
I've just noticed something.. your skinnies dont have their ears flat on head.. like other guinea pigs do. Do you know why?
Since few weeks I'm trying to figure out what's so different...

skinnypigs

Cavy Slave
He's too cute. I would love to get more pigs but I think it's them I'm allergic to...although allergies seem to be getting a lot better because of the meds. Where do you get skinny's from? Do they come into shelters often? Maybe next year when we are done with renovations on our downstairs and things settle down I'll email the shelter and ask if they do take any in for adoption if they could keep me in mind. I've never heard or seen one until this forum.

I haven't seen any come into the shelters near me but a bunch were on craiglist and kijiji. Maybe people get them thinking they are cute and decide they aren't anymore just like furry pigs. So your best bet is the sites where people advertise to rehome them, they are all young too, none were over a year old in the cities near me.

skinnypigs

Cavy Slave
I've just noticed something.. your skinnies dont have their ears flat on head.. like other guinea pigs do. Do you know why?
Since few weeks I'm trying to figure out what's so different...

Maybe they just look like they stick out more since there isn't any hair around them?
Barnabys ears kind of go down but Ernie and Grovers ears do not. Perhaps it is just personal to the piggy himself.

Willowind

Cavy Slave
Aw he is really sweet! I hope all goes well with your others.

Cogni

Cavy Slave
Aww! I'm glad you rescued him and I hope the intro's go well and the others like him. It occurs to me that I have not seen any posts about mixed herds of skinnies and furries. Are your other pigs skinnies, or furries? Is a mixed herd possible without danger to the skinny?

How does he feel when you pet him, isn't his skin too sensitive for it? I confess I don't know much about skinnies, so don't worry about setting me straight.

skinnypigs

Cavy Slave
My other two boys are skinny pigs as well. You can certainly mix them in herds of furry pigs. You'd just need to be really careful for intros about biting.
They have super soft skin and their hair is very coarse. Their bodies are nice and warm as well when you are holding them.
At first I found it weird deciding how to pet them.
I find my guys like to be pet on the head mostly and behind the ears.

cam767

Cavy Slave
I think he's just the cutest thing. My husband was standing behind me and said so ugly it's cute. Don't worry...I jabbed him in the belly with my elbow for you. ;-) I'll definitely have to think about adopting 2 next year when we get done renovating our office. I wouldn't want to put them with the 2 I have. They get along perfectly. Princess Inca is the boss and Levi, her mere court jester, must do as she says. lolol

anwaflynurse

Cavy Slave
Reminds me of a baby hippo. Love the ears.

mmas4

Cavy Slave
Hes adorable. I love his ears. I have always wanted a skinny pig but they are never at shelters, on craigslist or kijiji. Theres not many pigs at all for adoption here. I guess thats a good thing.

GuineaLove

Cavy Slave
Grover is a doll. I think he is very cute and I would love to have pair of skinny pigs.

louie_joey

Cavy Slave
Awww, so cute! Let us know how the intros go!

C. Cole-Chakotay

Cavy Slave
He's cute. I saw the pictures of him over on GuineaLynx.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.