Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Mites What do I use?

leo&donnylove

Cavy Slave
Hey,

Ive been reading this site for a while and it has helped me out alot with my guinea pigs. Its my first time caring for them and this site has gave me alot of help on how to look after them and what to feed them and it has made them some very happy guinea pigs.

I have a question that I cant seem to find a good answer to. My guinea pig has mange mites and is being treated by the vet but what products do I use on my house to get rid of them so that they do not keep occuring. Only one of my guinea pigs has mange mites but both are getting treated.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
There are no products to clean your home for mites as mites can't live without a living host. If you treat your pigs and keep their cage clean then the mites will clear up.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.