Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Which cage should I get???

cuckooforcavies

Cavy Slave
Alright, here are the two I am deciding on-

(Links removed by moderator. Links to cage kits on ebay are not allowed.)

Which one do you think I should get??? And is the ramp safe on the one that has it???

Last edited by a moderator:
I got that cage before I knew I could build them myself. They didnt like the ramp because it was to slippery, so what I did was take a long piece of fleece and clip it to the sides of the ramp. They loved going up and down the ramp, and they didnt slide but yet they had to support.

These are the ones we warn against - she uses Target grids - 5x5 in back and 8x8 in front. Squares need to be 9x9 (9 squares down, 9 squares across) in order to be safe on a 14' grid. Cage price is good, but shipping is overpriced (to CA). Keep in mind if you return, shipping is not refunded. Ramp looks unstable. Sorry - hate to knock the other ebay sellers, but the unsafe grids are the biggest drawback IMO.

I actually ordered the one in the first link. But afterwards I realized the grids weren't safe. I've had to order more grids for my cage and I plan to use the others as a stand since the guinea pigs won't come into contact with the grids. You need the grids with the 9 holes across. The coroplast is ok so at least I'll be able to use it.

Your best bet is ordering one from this site if you can't get the stuff and do it yourself. Or Sue also sales hers on eBay.

The coro is higher in the back so the guinea pigs cannot get to the un safe grids. Also when I had this cage they had no problem going up and down once I put the fleece on it.

The 8x8 grids are completely accessible to the guinea pig in the front of this cage. Unsafe. Needs to be 9x9. OR - you need to have 10" coro wherever there are 8x8 or 5x5 grids. Limits vision and ventilation.

The coro is higher in the back so the guinea pigs cannot get to the un safe grids. Also when I had this cage they had no problem going up and down once I put the fleece on it.

The coroplast might cover the back but it doesn't cover the level that's.beside the ramp. The guinea pig can easily get through the 5x5 grids.

And I agree with CCcages. The 8x8 grids in front are unsafe. I changed mine as.soon as I realized and before I had any problems. I wouldn't risk it.

I wouldn't get it from there. The grids are to big. Get coroplast from a sign shop or order it from Sue. And buy cubes somewhere else than target

Being that your in PA, I would imagine you could easily get the supplies and make your own. We spent $60 to make our 2 level. It was really pretty easy...and so affordable.

Order from Sue, At cages store at the top, She is in Connecticut. Right by you. You would get it very quick. I am in TX and got it in 4 days. And the coro comes scored.

Don't get those! I looked into those and realized the the grids were unsafe. I will be putting in a order with Sue through ebay because she uses the 9x9 grids and her coroplast comes in 11 different colors which is awesome! You can also choose white or black grids though her and her prices are reasonable!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.