Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Adopted female living with a male

GPonnett

Cavy Slave
I just picked up 3 pigs needing a home because the couple is moving and could not take the pigs. They had an add on Craigslist to sell them and did not. As it turns out...it was a male and 2 females. Would love some guidance to figure out if either of the females are pregnant, the owner said that one had a litter about 3 months ago. All three pigs were living together in pet store cage! I build a temporary C&C for the females today, I have found a new home for the girls, but I would like to observe and be sure they are not pregnant. Does anyone have and advice on signs?

It's likely both females are pregnant if they were housed with a male. Be careful how you pick up the females or hold them until you know if they are pregnant, as holding a sow by her middle can be very uncomfortable.

This is the Guinea Lynx section on reproduction. It should provide a lot of useful information. https://www.guinealynx.info/reproduction.html

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.