Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fighting Boys & girls- Help?

Llamasomething

Cavy Slave
Next week, i have agreed to look after my boyfriend's 2 piggies for the 2 weeks that he's off in Russia.

Problem is, he's got 2 girls, I have 2 boys. I've looked after one of them before (While he was awaiting the adoption of his second piggie), and I had her cage sitting next to the boys, and they went absolutely CRAZY for the few days that they knew she was there. It really took them a few steps back in their bond I think, especially because they had only met a week or so before the girl was living beside them.

Both my and my boyfriend's piggies are accustomed to having their cage doors open all day everyday, having floor time whenever they want it.

My boys went crazy whenever they could hear and/or see the girls, trying to get out of their cage, and rip down the towels I hung up as a screen so that they couldn't see each others' cages through the bars.

My room is fairly small and because of allergies I cannot keep the girls anywhere else. I was thinking of having the girls cage on a table (My boys are on the floor) so that they couldn't see each other, but then I'd be worried about distributing floor time, especially because the boys would be able to smell the girls after they've been on the floor.

Does anyone have any suggestions for minimizing the boys' craziness/trouble while the girls are over? I'm going to need all the help I can get :eek:

there is really nothing you can do about the craziness.

there boys and want some lovin!

Keep the girls cage on the table and the boys on the floor. You can give the boys floortime first then the girls but make sure the boys cannot get out of the cage or climb up and over the grids (and yes, they may try if they smell a sow in heat).

Yeah, I was planning on adding grids to the sides and tying their house down to the side of the ramp so they can't push it to the ends to try to jump out. Stanley's very adventurous.
Now i just need to find a table that will fit in my room...haha.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.