Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Wires and outlets

kat_0521

Cavy Slave
Hi All,
I'm in the process of building my C&C cage. Got the panels for the bottom set up today and the coroplast is on order.
I'm wondering how to make things safe with wires (TV cable and power wire)that are near the cage. I was thinking of using zipties to secure extra length, then use clear packing tape to attatch it to the wall-and out of reach from tiny teeth. Also, do you need to use those plastic baby-safe covers for outlets?
I'd prefer not having the cage near wires in the first place, but I only have so much room to work with in my bedroom.
Thanks for any suggestions and everyone's (repeated) patience with me and all my questions!
~~On a higher note, after I put up the grids, I put the old cage with the pigs inside it-I couldn't believe the size difference! The C&C cage is going to be about twice as big...my girls are going to be thrilled with the finished product!

bubbleguine

Cavy Slave
what if you make the side that the wires on put the coroplast all the way to the top of the grids so they can't try to get them.

grace

Cavy Slave
kat_0521 said:
Hi All,
I'm in the process of building my C&C cage. Got the panels for the bottom set up today and the coroplast is on order.
I'm wondering how to make things safe with wires (TV cable and power wire)that are near the cage. I was thinking of using zipties to secure extra length, then use clear packing tape to attatch it to the wall-and out of reach from tiny teeth. Also, do you need to use those plastic baby-safe covers for outlets?
I'd prefer not having the cage near wires in the first place, but I only have so much room to work with in my bedroom.
Thanks for any suggestions and everyone's (repeated) patience with me and all my questions!
~~On a higher note, after I put up the grids, I put the old cage with the pigs inside it-I couldn't believe the size difference! The C&C cage is going to be about twice as big...my girls are going to be thrilled with the finished product!
have the ties faceing the out side of the cage and then cut them put 2 ties on the corners on on the very bottom so the corplast covers it and one on the very top because g-pig don't clumb very high.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I would use the outlet covers and yes you can zip tie and tape the cords to the wall if you don't want to build the coroplast wall on that side real high. I have my cage sitting in front of the phone jack and I taped the cords to the wall and have the cage sitting approximately 1" out from the wall.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.