Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Petco VS. Petsmart

Hammer&Sarah

Cavy Slave
Hi,
I know Petco is horrible, what about Petsmart? Is Petsmart also not a good place? Im not like wanting to buy animals from there or anything, but is petsmart also really bad? Is it ok to shop without worrying about supporting bad places?
Thanks for any replys,

Hammer&Sarah

Hammer&Sarah said:
Hi,
I know Petco is horrible, what about Petsmart? Is Petsmart also not a good place? Im not like wanting to buy animals from there or anything, but is petsmart also really bad? Is it ok to shop without worrying about supporting bad places?
Thanks for any replys,

Hammer&Sarah
i work for petsmart

i dont know about all petsmarts, but mine is good
although all our animals dont have optimal space, they are all well taken care of, but i belive that is because everyone there really cares about the animals

OK! I love Petsmart and when I went shopping there today it looked fine! The hamsters werent in the same cages so they cant be fighting, thats good and I saw no guinea pigs there, maybe cuz I just couldnt handle it!

I don't mind petsmart. I go to one every once in awhile. The one by me is always clean and the animals are all seprated.

Don't get me started about the pet store at our mall though... Last time I went there were dead fish and it smelt like the cages weren't cleaned out in two weeks.

Plus they keep the guinea pigs in one big cage and every once in awhile they have bunnies in with the pigs.

Pet Smart is heaven compared to this place.

Awwwww....not cool...2 weeks it hasn't been cleaned?? Geez your supposed to clean guinea pig cages EVERYDAY!!!! Besides, its fun to clean them everyday!

I can't stand going in that store. Every once in awhile I go and look at the fish. There's dead fish and the betta fish hardly have any water.

And there's a lot of cages with hamsters and guinea pigs that say, "Please don't disturb. I'm going to have babies. Not for sale." It's so sad.

I couldn't walk in there for a million bucks!!!!!!! I have a betta fish, but those poor little ones!!!

Last time I went there was to buy carefresh for my hamster. The guy behind the counter was like, "There's a dead rat under here. It really stinks."

Now I drive 45 minutes to get carefresh just so I don't have to go to that place.

Thats much better, (that you drive 45 minutes to avoid torchure chamber)!!! It shows ya really love animals which is great!!

hydes_girl said:
Last time I went there was to buy carefresh for my hamster. The guy behind the counter was like, "There's a dead rat under here. It really stinks."

Now I drive 45 minutes to get carefresh just so I don't have to go to that place.
You should report this store to the authorities. And find out if they have a license to be breeding animals.

As far as Petsmart goes, the bottom line is that they are supplied by the mill industry. Don't support the trade.

As far as supplies, you can purchase a lot online, at Walmart, feed stores, vet offices, etc. You have to be committed to spending the energy to look; there is usually a solution.

I am sure that most of Petsmart's employees are animal lovers; it's not about that, so please don't be offended.

It doesn't matter that its petsmart, its still a big chain petstore that supports breeding mills. I would just ignore pet stores on a whole.

hmmmm.....any online pet shops would be great!?

Not sure about the URL's but there's the ferret store. You can get lots of cheap stuff from ebay too

ok thanks piglet!

Oops, looking at Drs. Foster&Smith (where I've shopped for years) I see they ship live fish now! Didn't know that.

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.
I would order directly from oxbow or APD or KM's or use a no animal sales online store like rabbitstop or ferretstore or critterstore for other stuff. Some of those sites have free shipping if you order a certain dollar amount. You just have to make sure that the food isn't out of date, because I've heard that it is sometimes from online stores.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.