Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New Piggy Mama stopping in to say Hi

maybesomeday

Cavy Slave
I'm reading, reading, reading this forum and thought I better stop in and actually say Hi before someone thought I was just snooping around;). I have 2 new piggys (just got them last night) and am so glad I found this forum. I built them a 2x3 c&c cage. They are so small right now I'll enlarge it as they get bigger.

Here's a picture of my girls (we haven't finalized names yet):

and here's a picture of their in-progress house:

I just threw the fleece over the whole thing and still need to cut it down to size. I put puppy training pads under the fleece on the coroplast. I have their hay in a wire tray and still need to find something to put up on the side.

I have a couple questions:

Should their water be closer to the hay?

I put a couple small orange pieces in there this morning and they didn't touch them. Is it just because they're so scared?

Any other suggestions for this newbie piggie mama would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jody

SnowPrincess

Cavy Slave
Welcome! I'm not too much help but I wanted to say your piggies are just lovely.

PiggyKat

Cavy Slave
Well did does take time before they get used to you. It took mine about three weeks.
New food often just doesn't interest them but eventually they'll try it.
As for the water question...mine is not close to my hay but I haven't seen anything saying it has to be. When I make my kitchen it will all be together but I'm waiting on supplies.
Welcome and I hope this helps! I love this forum and all the information I find here!

GPigsRSweet

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Your pigs and cage are adorable!

The water doesn't need to be right by the kitchen. It's your choice, although it might be nice to have all food/water together.

Don't worry if your pigs aren't eating the oranges. Oranges aren't a big part of a guinea pig's diet. They are more of a treat for every once in a while. Are you feeding them 1 cup daily per pig of greens like lettuce (non iceberg), cilantro, etc.? If you have diet questions this is helpful: https://www.guineapigcages.com/foru...g-nutrition-charts-poisonous-plants-list.html (Sorry if you already have seen this.)

Hope this was helpful! If you have any more questions just holler and I'll try to be of help.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.