Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Meet Lucy!!

Spoto27

Cavy Slave
O.k. now I once again have 3 piggies and the are as happier than ever. I took the fleece Idea and got 2 piggies Elliot and Alphalfa. My dad and I love them so much we decided to get just one more to top it all off. The first piggy that I saw that I thought was the one had a birth defect and had a extra toe dangling (literly) from her right back foot. Then we went to the best place and found Lucy and the minute we held her we knew she was the one! She is black and white and is adventurous and is a fiesty little 9 week old girl. She popcorn all the time during floor time and is just happy to be around. Elliot, Alphalfa, and Lucy all get along great and are loving life along with their owners!

Cogni

Cavy Slave
You got more piggies!! That is great, where did you get them?

It seems like a very short while ago your other ones passed in terrible (dog-related) circumstances--or maybe I am mixing yours up with another case?

Spoto27

Cavy Slave
Nope, I' am that person who had that happen. I moved my piggies to my dad's where they are much safer and nothing will hurt them and they have plenty of space to run around! Thank you for replying! :)

Fredo_and_co

Cavy Slave
Do you have Lucy with 2 boys?

Any pigtures? Welcome Lucy :)!

ferndalezoo

Cavy Slave
I'm glad everyone is happy anddoing well- I'm sorry I'm not familiar with the rest of your story, so I'm asuming you just left out some details. You DID do a 3 week quarantine, right? And either Lucy is spayed or the boys are neutered?

Sarah84

Cavy Slave
Congrats! I can't wait to see pigtures! :D

SnowPrincess

Cavy Slave
Aww congratulations :)

Spoto27

Cavy Slave
Pictures are on the way and I am doing a quearentine right now and I have 2 females and 1 male and he is separated from Lucy and Alphalfa. Yes I did leave some details out. My first guinea died on New years eve and the about 2 months later we had a bad incedent with my mom dog.

SnowPrincess

Cavy Slave
Pictures are on the way and I am doing a quearentine right now and I have 2 females and 1 male and he is separated from Lucy and Alphalfa. Yes I did leave some details out. My first guinea died on New years eve and the about 2 months later we had a bad incedent with my mom dog.

Why is you still online? Scram till photo! lol

Lucy is very pretty names. How you pick?

blackarrow

Cavy Slave

OK, this is really confusing, because in your first post here you said the pigs were all getting along great, which sure makes it sound like they are NOT quarantined and NOT separated. I'm glad it's going well but I sure don't understand what is going on! Help us out here.

ferndalezoo

Cavy Slave
I am doing a quearentine right now and I have 2 females and 1 male and he is separated from Lucy and Alphalfa.

I am really confused. If Lucy in in with Alphalfa, that's not "quarantine".
Elliot, Alphalfa, and Lucy all get along great and are loving life along with their owners!

This statement definitely makes it sound like all 3 are together now (and that Elliot and Alphalfa were together before you got Lucy). Is this not what you meant? Are all 3 in seperate cages? Just trying to figure out what's what.

frillint

Cavy Slave
Congrats. I cant wait to see pigtures.

Spoto27

Cavy Slave
Ok, sorry I confused so many people but ok I put them together supervise during floor time and they all going like a follow the leader line and talk to each other. I love watching them all popcorn! I don't know exactly how I found Lucy's name but normally once I hold them a name pops out of no where and this time it was Lucy! :)

Spoto27

Cavy Slave
OK, hold on now i'm confusing myself. Ok Elliot has his own area or cage. Alphalfa is in her own area and so is Lucy. When I get home every day I let them out of their cage for floor time. I supervise Elliot espeacialy because I don't need them to have babies. But when they are out of their cages they are happy little nuckleheads and popcorn all around the whole room.

guineapigmommy

Cavy Slave
Ok the purpose of quarentine is to keep them separate 100% of the time for a period of 3 or 4 weeks. If you let them play together, then it breaks the quarentine because if one is sick, then the others have been exposed during play time.

Letting the boy play with the girls during floor time sounds like a pregnancy waiting to happen to me. I would get the boar neutered so he can stay with the girls or get him a male friend and keep them separate. I know that you supervise them, but distractions do happen....

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
You can't 'supervise' unaltered males with females. It only takes seconds for them to mate and you are asking for trouble.

It has happened before.

You are not quarantining either - Quarantine is to prevent spread of illness or parasites. It needs to be done with the newcomer behind closed doors and away from current pigs.

https://www.guinealynx.info/quarantine.html

Spoto27

Cavy Slave
Ok, thank you for the info and advice. I will look into getting Elliot a new friend or getting him neutered. Thanks guys it helps alot. Every time you answer or "critisize" my guinea pig caring it makes me a better owner and it gives me new things to learn about. Thank you! :) I am doing my best to care for them properly.

SnowPrincess

Cavy Slave
Ok, thank you for the info and advice. I will look into getting Elliot a new friend or getting him neutered. Thanks guys it helps alot. Every time you answer or "critisize" my guinea pig caring it makes me a better owner and it gives me new things to learn about. Thank you! :) I am doing my best to care for them properly.

You have lovely outlook! With that attitude, soon you'll be giving advice too. :)

PiggyKat

Cavy Slave
If all else fails you now have to get another pig friend so he isn't lonely...lol
I agree I love the name Lucy and you better get some pigtures soon!

Spoto27

Cavy Slave
I know I just got an awesome new camera and I love taking picture of my guinea piggies and now sometime this week I am going to hook it up so all you guys can finally see all the new piggies! :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.