Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Tumor Can anyone help Nibbles?

fishiesforme1

Cavy Slave
Hi, I have a 3 year old boy with a trichofolliculoma between his shoulder blades. Noramally it scabs over and isn't a bother, but last night during his bath the scab came off and it smelled something aweful. It took 20 minutes for the bleeding to stop! He needs to go to the vet, have it removed, and get on meds. Here's the problem: I am broke. I just spent my last $300 on an emergency visit to the vet for my dog on Tuesday, and in the the last two months have lost my two kitties (who were brothers) to diabetes.

I want nothing more than to help my piggie. He is super sweet and gives me kisses all time! Can anyone help with the vet bill, or adopt him and get him the help he needs? Please? No money needs to touch my hands, I just want to help him. The vet won't even give an estimate unless I take him in for an appointment which alone is $45. I think a high ballpark would be $150 total.

To give you an idea of how much I love my critters...I have three piggie boys together in a C&C cage 2 grids by 9 grids, and a fourth boy in his own 2x3 grid cage. They also free range everyday. I change their fleece everyother day, and grow my own lettuce for treats.

Any help or advice will be GREATLY appreciated.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.