Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hola from Cassie and Frida!

casicassie

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone! I was active here about 2 years ago, but just kind of stopped posting. Anyway, I recently acquired a new piggie! Her story is an interesting one. I got a call from a good friend of mine who explained that he was going to buy a new cage for his new hedgehog. Well, the pet store had a special where if you bought the cage he wanted they gave you a free guinea pig. He just wanted the cage...so I decided to take the piggie! I have named her Frida! She is still quite small, and shy, but she is coming around! I am so in love with her already! I do plan on getting her a friend next week.
On a personal note...I have a small zoo going here! I have Frida of course, Emma my mini lop bunny, Bella my rescue kitty, and Sadie my beloved canine best friend. I love animals! I am studying to be a veterinary assistant, and would love to make a career out of my love for animals! I am originally from Indianapolis (Go Colts!!) but I relocated to Mexico nearly 3 years ago to do missionary work.
I hope to get to know every one and your piggies soon! :D

Wow very interesting life you have. Very cute pig. I like how her ears stick out. :)

She is very cute! :)

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
She sure is a cutie! I've never heard of a pet store giving piggies away when a cage is purchased, but I see you are not in the US. I'm glad this little girl is getting a good home.

Hi!
I'm new here too! I noticed you said your going to school to be a Veterinary Assistant. I'm currently in school myself to be a Veterinary Technologist! :D We too have a small zoo, we have 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 piggies, 2 fish tanks, 1 turtle, and 1 hamster.

Anyway, very cute piggie! :) Lucky she found you!!!! Congrats!!!

She sure is a cutie! I've never heard of a pet store giving piggies away when a cage is purchased, but I see you are not in the US. I'm glad this little girl is getting a good home.

This actually happened in a pet store here (now closed). If you bought a guinea pig starter kit you got a free pig of your choice. :sick:

Anyway, welcome!
Your piggy is adorable!

What a little cutester! She looks like an ice cream parfait!

My friend bought a 30 cent cat toy, she got the cat for free. It's really sick.

She is gorgeous and reminds me of my butterfingers.

She is really sweet :)

Thank you everyone for your sweet words! Frida now has a new cage mate (from the same store) named Kahlo. I will try to get pictures of her tonight!
Here in Mexico, pets are kind of like objects rather than living creatures. It is quite sad really. They sell everything here...tigers, alligators, snapping turtles, chimpanzees..obviously these are "black market" but you can find pretty much whatever you want here because there are no laws for the importation or sale of animals. It is truly terrifying.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.