Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Instead of stuffing on this inside of it...

wheekers01

Cavy Slave
Ok so I am making a "donut" bed. Or at least experimenting and trying to. Anyway I can't find the stuffing I need and I was wondering if I could use carefresh as the stuffing. I am a really crafty mood, so if you have any other ideas of things to make, they are welcome too. Please let me know. I have already made a cuddle cup, sleeping bag and hammock. Thanks!

xoLauraox09

Cavy Slave
Thats a good idea!
I think it would work.
Let me know how it turns out.
:)

WildRye

Cavy Slave
The major problem with using carefresh as stuffing would be that you wouldn't be able to wash the bed. I don't know about your pigs, but mine sure like to pee in their beds.

Toadies

Cavy Slave
Carefresh isn't washable. What about old nylon stockings. I remember them being used as pillow stuffing in my younger years.

wheekers01

Cavy Slave
That is true I guess about washing. She does like to pee in her cozies. Darn! Nylon stockings like knee highs/pantyhose?

tabikat55

Cavy Slave
I know Walmart has stuffing in bags. OR if you have and old pillow laying around (I change mine out every 6 months), why not just use the stuffing from that.

This way it's 100% washable where Carefresh (being made of paper) isn't.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Why not use old towels or a piece of mattress pad? Those are what most people use under their fleece, and should work fine for a cozy.

leyley904
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

SFailed186

Cavy Slave
Then safety pin it closed, and change it out when you get stuffing.

I would NOT use a safety pin with guinea pigs. Everyone on this board is well aware that they like to chew, so the safety pin could become extremely dangerous. I am aware that you are excited to get the project done and give the cozy to the pigs, but if the above stated ideas are not feasible for you, then I would just wait. : )

leyley904

wheekers01

Cavy Slave
I would never put a safety pin in it!! Haha thanks for the idea though.

It is snowing like no other here and my mom doesn't want to drive to Jo-Ann's so I think I am going to sew as much as I can of it and then when i get the stuffing I can stuff it.

I have a LOT of extra fleece, so maybe I could cut that up, but I think old towels is an even better idea. I have taken over all the towels. I use a bunch for each cage cleaning and now I'm ripping them up. Haha!

SFailed186

Cavy Slave
Okay, I was just saying close it temporarily.

Yeah, but even it is temporary, it is still extremely dangerous. The temporary factor does not matter.

leyley904
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.