Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Polyester?? or Fleece??

animallover2424

Cavy Slave
I was just wondering if I could use polyester in the cage? Is there a way to treat it differently than fleece? My mom got me a polyester lining instead of fleece and since the people cut it we can't return it.

It feels about the same as fleece, but its not fleece.

I have no personal experience with polyester. I wouldn't think it works as well as fleece because the purpose of the fleece it to wick the urine through into towels or paper.
I hope the polyester wasn't too expensive. I wouldn't waste my time with it. Fleece is fairly inexpensive. I have two sets of fleece for a 2x4 area and a loft for less than $10. I bought mine on sale at Walmart.

Fleece is 100% Polyester.

Polyester can be made into most anything -- fleece, fake lizard skin, replacement veins, you name it. My guess is that it won't work, but why don't you just test it? Put some towels under it, put a few drops of water on top, and see if it goes through. If it does, you're home free. If not, maybe your mom can make a pillow.

It didn't work. Where did you get your fleece and for about how much? Thanks

Like I said. I bought mine for $2/yard on sale at Walmart. Other fabric stores have sales as well and you can get it relatively cheap.

Thanks. I'll probably change from carefressh to fleece next weekend.

Have you wash and dry it at least 3 times before testing? There's another type of fabric used for baby cloth diaper called suede cloth. It's also made of 100% polyester. It works the same way as fleece.

Like I said. I bought mine for $2/yard on sale at Walmart. Other fabric stores have sales as well and you can get it relatively cheap.

What kind did you buy? I was looking for some fleece at walmart and found some fleece blankets for 2 dollars. But it didn't say what type they were (anti-pill , polar, ect) so I ended up not getting them. Are you supposed to get the really soft almost fuzzy feeling kind?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.