Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Incorporating petstore cage with C&C cage?

crystalllynn

Cavy Slave
I'm one of those people that didn't research enough before buying my piggie from a petstore. I believed what they told me and bought the commercial cage. Now, I need to add some space. Are there any ideas on how I can incorporate the commercial cage into the whole setup? It was rather expensive and hubby would never go for just getting rid of it. He thinks I'm going guinea pig crazy already. :) The cage we have is about 19" x 30". Any ideas on how I could maybe use the bottom of that cage and add on with C&C? The area we have him on is the top of a dresser. The cage sits on a lower part of the top of the dresser and there is about 20" of upper level to the dresser. Could I maybe lift the whole cage with cubes and just make the whole thing across using the upper level? How would I connect them? It may be hard without pics, but I know I can't post pics of a commercial cage.

2pigs2kids

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! I know several people here have pet store cages incoporated into their C&C setup. Take a look at the photo galleries (way up on the top), you may have to look through many photos but I know somewhere in there are photos of that.

If you haven't already, be sure to look at the diet/nutrition section and read the stickies there too! Will you be adopting a friend for your pig? They're social animals and do much better with a buddy!

Pulsepoint129

Cavy Slave
Depending on how big you're going with the cubes&coroplast, you can incorporate the commercial cage as a kitchen-type area where their hay and food could go. I'm trying to figure out a way to do that myself, so that they don't drag hay all over the place.

Spoto27

Cavy Slave
I started out with 1 guinea pig and 1 commercial cage then i got 3 more guinea pigs along with 1 cage per piggy. Then after a while me and my dad wanted to build another bigger cage. What I did was connect the 3 commercial cages together. But if i had to connect my 3 cages to the C&C cage i would like take a tube for guinea pigs to go through inbetween the cages

fieryone

Cavy Slave
I got a pig from Craigslist that came with a petstore cage. I put it on a little table and connected it to the existing cage with binder clips. In my case it didn't last long since my other pigs were trapping the new pig in the petstore cage, but it should be fine for you. I used it as a kitchen. There are other pictures in the gallery incorporating petstore cages as well, usually as kitchen areas.

(broken link removed) (broken link removed)

crystalllynn

Cavy Slave
I'm building a 2x4!! So excited....and questions

So, I asked about incorporating my petstore cage, but I decided to go ahead and just build a 2x4 and do away with the ps cage altogether. And hubby went along with it. I was shocked! lol So, I think I did read that a 2x4 is big enough for 2 boys. Am I correct? I would like to adopt Jolly a friend and I want to make sure it's okay. I am about halfway finished with it. Just trying to figure out how to make a couple of supports out of grids. Half of the cage will be on a dresser and I have to leave room for the dresser drawers to open underneath. The other half needs some support. Jolly's gonna be so happy. Hubby says "He doesn't do anything.". I said "Cuz he doesn't have room!". I can't wait to finish. Probably gonna be up all night to finish it. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.