Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Found a few cubes on craigslist, but need some help?

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
So I am making a C&C cage, and I'm kind of on a budget, so I went to Craigslist. I found 6 cubes, which I think amounts to about 23 grids. The problem is that they are way over-priced, at $40. I really want to spend about $20 maximum on the cubes. Would it be appropriate to try to talk the price down? And how exactly do I go about doing that through emails?
Here's the link: (broken link removed)

There's another person with 6 cubes, for $5. Which is a better deal, but the advertisement made it sound like there weren't that many cubes. And I don't even know if the cubes are a safe size for the guinea pigs?
Here's the link: (broken link removed)

Which one should I choose, and can you help me negotiate a better price if the first option is best?
Thanks in advance.

akstrohm

Cavy Slave
I don't see anything wrong with the second advertisement. Those cubes are safe for pigs (they are 9 squares across). They state that they are including all six cubes. So basically it's the same as the first ad but in white and for only $5.

2pigs2kids

Cavy Slave
I'd go with the second one, 23 grids for $5 is a great deal! The others are way overpriced considering you can get a pack of 16 grids at bed bath & beyond for $15!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.