Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Vet Looking for a vet in WV

• Thread starter AmandaErlandson
  • Start date

AmandaErlandson

Cavy Slave
I have not yet needed a vet but have been looking for one just in case it is needed. Which is completely possible since I have a young pregnant sow. I have called 3 different vets in my area and have not been to impressed over the phone. None sound too cavy savvy. They all "see" Guinea pigs but none sound like they really got their stuff together. I am aware that I am just speaking to the receptionist but I've been asking things like:

"How often do you see cavies?" (One asked what a cavy was?!)
"Have your vets ever had to perform an emergency c-section?"
"Do you spay/nueter Guinea Pigs? How often?"

I just have not gotten the best vibe from the answers I've gotten. I have leaned as a parent to trust my mom instincts.

Long & short of this is... Does anybody know of a GREAT vet in West Virginia they would love to recommend? Maybe you can change my mind about one of the ones I've already called. I called the animal shelter & they had no suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Have you tried the list on guinealynx? There aren't any listed in West Virginia, but there may be one in another state that isn't too far away from you.

(broken link removed)

Sorry, I'm from a small state (CT) so going to another state isn't out of the question for me since I can go through 3 states in 4 hours from here so I could be underestimating the size of WV

There aren't any listed in West Virginia, but there may be one in another state that isn't too far away from you.

(broken link removed)

Also, if you call a nearby-ish vet on the list they may be able to point you to someone closer.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.